No post Bios Splash screen

Associate
Hi Guys so i have this weird problem,

PC SPECS:
MOBO:MSI Z77a-g43
CPU:I5 3570K
GPU: GIGABYTE 4GB OC 1050ti Dual Fan
RAM: X4 4GB all Same timings and production

So i have stumbled into this issue yesterday as soon as i installed the graphics card bearing in mind it was inside another RIG in my house previous to this and worked as intended,

So i installed the GPU went to boot perfect everything fine except from google Chrome being black which is a known issue, so i went and installed brand new drivers to see weather that would make a difference, after installation i restarted the PC but this time no Post just stuck at Bios Splash screen, With all Following options such as Bootable Devices DEL for Bios and F11 for Post, non of these options do anything except from entering bios takes me to a Black Screen with a white underscore at top left But instead of flickering its also Frozen,

POST does the same thing but the dash is in the middle of the screen, and bootable devices allows me to choose one, however once i press any bootable device the whole PC freezes again. Ive checked all connections to new GPU everything is fine .

I have also checked the ram sticks -- with one inserted it does the same thing, however with none inserted the screen never turns on but computer goes into a 10-15sec Boot Loop. i have checked different Ram sticks but same issue,

So Far i have unplugged all components so just CPU and Mobo are left same issue occurs, i have also gone and cleared the CMOS and shorted the two clips out with PC fully unplugged but same issue occurs, i have connected a different PSU still same issue and finally i have also tried plugging a Different SSD still Same issue, ive done loads of googling but nothing seems to come up and if it does the threads are never fully answered.
At this moment in time im really stuck and i dont know what could have Happend Any help would be greatly appreciated as there is nothing i can physically click or access without PC hanging
KIND Regards
Dan

Id also Like to add that when i boot In bottom right it says sometimes A2 or A9 or A0

Associate
OP
List of MSI codes here (presume they will be the same for your board).

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=263610.0

Does the PC still work without the 1050ti installed?

PSU is not a very good brand, but should be enough to power your system.

Chrome black screen may be cured by disabling "Use Hardware Acceleration".
Thank you for the codes , what does IDE stand for also , the computer doesn’t post with the card out or in literally doesn’t post with just MoBo and CPU connected , however I find it weird if no ram Inserted it goes into a boot loop with no display but with only one inserted screen shows but obviously freezes

Associate
OP
Im wondering wether the new driver installed for GPU corrupted the BIOS, ive tried using a different SSD with no windows but still same issue is that possible that i could have broke the BIOS , is there anyway of flashing the BIOS without being able to access anything ?

Soldato
Not sure what IDE Detect actually stands for. Looking online i think it's to do with bios looking for hard drives.

You say you have tried a different SSD but what about a different SATA cable?

Try with only two matching sticks of RAM. (slots 2 and 4)

Recheck all power connectors, motherboard and all devices.

Also may be worth trying a new CMOS battery.

What GPU was you using before the 1050ti? Possible the PSU just can't handle the extra power draw.

Associate
OP
Not sure what IDE Detect actually stands for. Looking online i think it's to do with bios looking for hard drives.

You say you have tried a different SSD but what about a different SATA cable?

Try with only two matching sticks of RAM. (slots 2 and 4)

Recheck all power connectors, motherboard and all devices.

Also may be worth trying a new CMOS battery.

What GPU was you using before the 1050ti? Possible the PSU just can't handle the extra power draw.
I’ll make sure to try those options , before I was using a 1050ti Also but without a 6pin power connector

Soldato
Good luck. :)

Had to google 1050ti with no power connector as i thought they all had one.

Apparently the ones without draw 75w, but the ones with the connector can draw 150w.

You maybe best off replacing the PSU with something better. (reputable brand)

Associate
OP
Good luck. :)

Had to google 1050ti with no power connector as i thought they all had one.

Apparently the ones without draw 75w, but the ones with the connector can draw 150w.

You maybe best off replacing the PSU with something better. (reputable brand)
Thank you for the replies, but would that mean if I took the graphics card out it should boot ?

Soldato
Don't think a driver can corrupt the bios, i may be wrong though.

It is possible that the PSU has gone and could even have damaged other components.

Sorry i can't be more help mate, was kind of hoping some of the more knowledgeable members would chip in. ;)

Associate
OP
Have you removed the 1050Ti and used the onboard graphics to see if that works? :)
Ye I have removed the graphics card so hdmi is directly into Mobo all. I it does it freezes a on Msi Mainboard screen with <TAB> to switch to posy <DEL>to run bios setup <F11> to boot menu all of these options either black sfeeen wtih white dash or freeze

Associate
OP
I’ve checked with a different psu when everything is disconnected unfortunately the psu only have a 4 pin instead of 8 but the same thing still happens, no SSD OR HDD plugged in

Back
Top Bottom