Should I be upping the resolution percentage thingy?

Soldato
Excuse my lack of terminology, but I noticed I can increase the resolution output past 100%in the steam VR settings. Is this essentially super sampling? How far do you guys take it if at all?

Any tips the get the best visuals possible?

Had the rift s about a week, in that time I changed my 1070 out for a 2060 Super and pretty sure things look a bit sharper by default.

Soldato
I experimented with it a bit on my Quest. By default Steam is set to auto, so unless you've changed it, it may well be detecting the GPU upgrade and automatically increasing the supersampling.

If you increase the value manually, basically its a trade off between sharpness and performance. I did notice a difference upto about 150% and beyond that I couldn't see much visual difference, but it killed my framerate massively as my GPU is not good enough.

Pick a game, increase it by 10% a time and make a note of your framerate and visual quality. See if you can find a sweet spot. Would be interested to see what results you get.

Soldato
Excuse my lack of terminology, but I noticed I can increase the resolution output past 100%in the steam VR settings. Is this essentially super sampling? How far do you guys take it if at all?

Any tips the get the best visuals possible?

Had the rift s about a week, in that time I changed my 1070 out for a 2060 Super and pretty sure things look a bit sharper by default.

If you have the Rift S, the gains are minimal using SS. I think you would need a beefier GPU to run SS at a high enough setting to make a noticeable difference.

Staying above the refresh rate in VR is more important than a slight visual upgrade, IMO.

Soldato
You can actually change it on the fly to notice the visible difference in some games, measuring performance losses at the same time. The Sports Bar VR springs to mind.

Can't really judge the oculus, but the first gen Vive i had made a huge difference over the stock 1.0 when upping to 1.5/2. Beyond that i couldn't see a difference.

The Index i don't bother changing up the defaulted 150% Nothing really seems to need it.

Soldato
I often run at 100%, as more demanding games can't maintain a decent frame rate on the Index at 150%. I have a 3900x and a superclocked 1080ti, and even that struggles to run everything at 150% at 80 or 90hz.

Back
Top Bottom