Laurence Fox

Don
There was a feeling from her side apparently that the palace didn't protect enough her from various bad press stories written about her, the problem the palace press team had though what that apparently was that lots of the bad press stories were largely true.
Yeah, you can probably trust what's been reported about her when even the BBC royal correspondent is saying the same sort of things.

Soldato
I have a view different to yours and clearly different to the OP and that should be ok.

Happily the vast majority of people also think is OK for for you to hold a different opinion, but there is a small but vocal fringe who believe that having a "different" opinion is a bad thing and that anyone with a different opinion must be silenced, shut down, banned and they will escalate from verbal attacks to financial attacks (getting people sacked etc) and even physical attacks to do so, and they will not stop, ever, until that different opinion is either silenced or the people who hold it have bent the knee.

Just be grateful that this vocal fringe is still the minority so you're still permitted to think differently than others, because once the fringe gets any form of real power, they'll be terrifying in their abuse of that power even if you're one of them.

Soldato
I like him and agree with a lot of his opinions. Society is the most diverse and accepting it has ever been yet people bitch and moan as it we are still living in the 1800s. Obviously there are improvements to be made but we have been going in the right direction for decades.

This relatively recent sensitivity to everything is creating a culture where people are scared to do or say anything incase it isn't accept by everyone. There isn't room for debate any more. If you disagree with anyone you are the devil.

Caporegime
The stuff Laurence Fox is describing that has happened to him is basically what Trump warned about in his 4th July speech.

“In our schools, our newsrooms, even our corporate boardrooms, there is a new far-left fascism that demands absolute allegiance... If you do not speak its language, perform its rituals, recite its mantras, and follow its commandments, then you will be censored, banished, blacklisted, persecuted, and punished.

It's intolerance masquerading as tolerance, totalitarianism masquerading as liberalism, regressivism masquerading as progressivism, racism masquerading as anti-racism, fascism masquerading as anti-fascism.

Permabanned
The stuff Laurence Fox is describing that has happened to him is basically what Trump warned about in his 4th July speech.

It's intolerance masquerading as tolerance, totalitarianism masquerading as liberalism, regressivism masquerading as progressivism, racism masquerading as anti-racism, fascism masquerading as anti-fascism.

If there was a like toggle I would be pressing it like a naughty child with unfettered access to a lift button panel ;)

Last edited:

C64

C64

Soldato
Interestingly Triggernometry just had themselves cancelled despite being largely Liberal in their views. They have to find a new studio due to outside pressure, though I'm not sure who specifically it came from.

As for Lawrence Fox, his views aren't even remotely controversial. He is just sensible and seemingly isn't afraid to push back against some of the insanity. I like him.
from the groypers

Associate
Saw him on QT and pretty much agreed with what he said. I'm a liberal lefty by and large but find some of whats happening in the world so crazy atm and he actually seems to speak some sense.

Man of Honour
I hadn't heard of him before his Question Time thing. But I am now a massive fan. He is outspoken, stands up for his convictions and has a lot of courage to continue saying what he does despite the abuse he gets. He puts his point across well and is prepared to listen to the opinion of others and discuss it calmly with them, if they are prepared to do the same

Big respect.

Caporegime
^ Not sure that's entirely fair or charitable and not sure I need to provide too much evidence to support a personally held opinion. You can take my opinion in the same way that I take his opinions which is basically of little consequence.

fake e: and I'm actually ok with not getting into the dowie hole on this one. I have a view different to yours and clearly different to the OP and that should be ok.
Trouble is you went beyond expressing your opinion of him "I think he's an idiot" to then suggesting that "he provides a voice for idiots".

You would hard-pressed (imho) to interpret that in any other way than, "As he doesn't agree with me he's an idiot and moreover people who like him are also idiots."

Sure I've completely re-written what you posted, but I think you often present your opinion as incontrovertible truth, along with generous amounts of disdain - nay, righteous indignation - for anyone not aligning their opinions with yours. It's a theme, shall we say..

fez

fez

Caporegime

I agree wholeheartedly with what Trump said there and I agree with very little he says. Does anyone else get the impression that probably wasn't written by Trump. Seemed far too concise and sensible.

Permabanned
Can you ever post without mentioning Trump?

Speaker's Corner, where you are extremely active, has a post count of nearly forty five thousand in the Presidency of Donald Trump thread. A search by poster seems limited to a maximum return of 500 post counts, which you personally have obviously exceeded.... I suspect derogatory posts against the President go unmentioned, but anything supportive gains your immediate attention and a bilious reply :)

Caporegime
Speaker's Corner, where you are extremely active, has a post count of nearly forty five thousand in the Presidency of Donald Trump thread. A search by poster seems limited to a maximum return of 500 post counts, which you personally have obviously exceeded.... I suspect derogatory posts against the President go unmentioned, but anything supportive gains your immediate attention and a bilious reply :)

Yes, we mention Trump in the Trump thread

Not every other thread going.

Soldato
I rarely stop by SC these days but my exasperation with Trump was thrown into a mental dustbin long ago. I can't believe people still have the energy within their brains to keep up the ranting about his presidency this far into it. Life is too short for that crap, at least for me. Jesus.

I hope it's all worth the toll on your brain cells peeps. :)

Associate
He's just another in an ever growing huge amount of celebs, who uses his platform to air his thoughts on whatever opportunity he gets.

I'm thoroughly sick and tired of celebs using their fame to try and influence people, especially in political debate. I mean, why is their opinion any more valid or should have opportunity to spread them than any random person taken off the street!

The very fact you've decided to have a debate about his opinion proves he's nothing but an attention seeking whore. That's the only debate to be had, should celebs opinions be anymore important than anyone of us?

Back
Top Bottom