Cat6 from Toolstation

Soldato
It's solid copper and the correct AWG so there's no obvious problem with it.

No centre spine, which is unusual, but that doesn't stop it being compliant. There's also a good chance they have a photo of Cat5e cable on the Cat6 listing, it does look more like Cat5e.

Soldato
It's solid copper and the correct AWG so there's no obvious problem with it.

No centre spine, which is unusual, but that doesn't stop it being compliant. There's also a good chance they have a photo of Cat5e cable on the Cat6 listing, it does look more like Cat5e.

Two of the reviews talk about a plastic spine or spacer in the cable so yes, I’d say the picture is wrong.

Associate
OP
Is the garage a detached building?

No, it's attached. The electrician is going to have to lay new power cables to the fusebox in the garage so I wanted to take the opportunity to get him to pull through some ethernet at the same time (not alongside the power!). But I'm considering buying the cable up-front, rather than relying on whatever he gets via the trade.

Soldato
My goto is Excel, but AFAIK you aren't going to be getting it (or Connextix) in reasonably priced 100m lengths. I'm assuming you aren't wanting full 305m boxes from the link in the opening post.

Back
Top Bottom