• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

really getting fed up with the posts stating RTX/DLSS does not work this gen

Soldato
Quite impressive optimisation - Nvidia promises every single RTX gpu will run the game with max settings 4k 60fps using dlss 2.0

Caporegime
Some DLSS 2.0 On/Off comparison shots of Death Stranding (Postman Simulator) .

NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-GPU_Death-Stranding-PC_4K-1440P-With-DLSS-2.0_4-740x642.png

NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-GPU_Death-Stranding-PC_4K-1440P-With-DLSS-2.0_5-740x629.png

NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-GPU_Death-Stranding-PC_4K-1440P-With-DLSS-2.0_6-740x644.png

Performance.

1080p

NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-GPU_Death-Stranding-PC_4K-1440P-With-DLSS-2.0_1-740x400.png

1440p

NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-GPU_Death-Stranding-PC_4K-1440P-With-DLSS-2.0_2-740x397.png

NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-GPU_Death-Stranding-PC_4K-1440P-With-DLSS-2.0_3-740x398.png

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-death-stranding-pc-dlss-2-0-graphics-performance-60-fps-4k/

A decent boost :p

Soldato
If hating is telling the truth then I am a hater ;)

I like DLSS 2.0. But I also say it as it is.

I just like how upscaling was the devil a few years back.. "cheating 4k" and whatever... but now nVidia branded it, it's somehow a good thing. It's funny to me :)

That said, it's nice that 2.0 actually works - they seem to have done a pretty good job with it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I just like how upscaling was the devil a few years back.. "cheating 4k" and whatever... but now nVidia branded it, it's somehow a good thing. It's funny to me :)

That said, it's nice that 2.0 actually works - they seem to have done a pretty good job with it.
Indeed.

Could we at least see some screenshots with a proper sharpening filter applied to the native to negate some of that vaseline AA that is being applied?
No you may not. Native = Applying FXAA!!

:p

Soldato
Could we at least see some screenshots with a proper sharpening filter applied to the native to negate some of that vaseline AA that is being applied?

developers have stopped using MSAA cause it's too heavy handed. TAA is here to stay like it or not. Until someone else finds a performance neutral method of removing aliasing, TAA will continued to be used in modern games

Soldato
developers have stopped using MSAA cause it's too heavy handed. TAA is here to stay like it or not. Until someone else finds a performance neutral method of removing aliasing, TAA will continued to be used in modern games

No one is talking about MSAA m8. There is no excuse for not supplying a sharpened TAA native screenshot unless you really want to present a dishonest point of view. Nvidia & AMD both supply a sharpening option/tool in their driver package, so no excuse :)

Soldato
No one is talking about MSAA m8. There is no excuse for not supplying a sharpened TAA native screenshot unless you really want to present a dishonest point of view. Nvidia & AMD both supply a sharpening option/tool in their driver package, so no excuse :)

You can apply sharpening to TAA or DLSS 2.0, its apples to apples. If you are sharpening, you should sharpen both or not sharpen both. Pointless argument :)

Soldato
You can apply sharpening to TAA or DLSS 2.0, its apples to apples. If you are sharpening, you should sharpen both or not sharpen both. Pointless argument :)

It's not a pointless argument when DLSS on its own is sharpening the end result while native is being violated by blurry TAA and with no added sharpness filter to fix said blurriness. What's funny is that many of us are saying that DLSS 2.0 looks pretty good but is taking issue with how it's presented. Makes me wonder why you are having an issue with the request for a proper and even comparison. Afraid the DLSS wow factor will vanish or be lessened? :)

Soldato
It's not a pointless argument when DLSS on its own is sharpening the end result while native is being violated by blurry TAA and with no added sharpness filter to fix said blurriness. What's funny is that many of us are saying that DLSS 2.0 looks pretty good but is taking issue with how it's presented. Makes me wonder why you are having an issue with the request for a proper and even comparison. Afraid the DLSS wow factor will vanish or be lessened? :)

It is a pointless argument. DLSS offers roughly the same AA as FXAA/TAA without the soft look of those methods. That's why it's been compared in screenshots to those methods. They don't use Sharpening because that isn't an in game setting, it's a filter that's applied outside of game settings. DLSS, FXAA,TAA are all in game settings.

You say to be fair and even, it has to be TAA/FXAA with an external filter(sharpening) applied? Who decides what level of sharpening to use? There are a whole list of other filters in Nvidia Freestyle that you can apply and people swear they improve image quality, maybe we should apply them to? Who picks the filter? What if they pick a filter that you don't like or use a level of sharpening you don't like, are you going to say it's unfair still?

Isn't it fairest to have the same in game settings and no external filters applied?

Why do you have a problem with screenshots showing the comparison of the two AA methods? TAA/FXAA vs DLSS? Why have to a problem with Screenshots showing that DLSS has achieved what it setout to do, provide a performance increase in games that use it, while giving better image quality than using FXAA/TAA. It's also better than native with no AA applied because of the reduction in jaggies.

DLSS 2.0 will still have the wow factor even if you do compare it to a game using FXAA/TAA with sharpening because it has the performance increase too.

DLSS isn't perfect, not even close, but it's getting better with each iteration as DLSS 2.0 has shown.

Back
Top Bottom