• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1080 Upgrade help ?

Associate
Almost certainly wait right now, the best you could get is a 2080ti which will drop in price when the new stuff hits; and the new stuff will likely beat it for performance too

Soldato
Should be only couple months before next-gen cards come out.
Well, at least AMD's raytracing architecture cards.

Right now you would be paying extreme overprice per performance just to match next-gen consoles.
Especially next Xbox has very strong GPU.

Associate
Having just upgraded over the weekend from the very same card as you to a Inno3D GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming OC X2 that I managed to pick up from the B grade section for £450 I have to say I am impressed with the performance bump.
I was hoping to hold off until the new 3000 series cards are launched but with all this world turmoil I am not convinced it will happen this year......
I didn't really need to upgrade but just had that itch and I couldn't shake off, you know the one ;)

Having put my 1080 Amp Extreme on the Bay last night I have already got bids on it covering around half of the upgrade cost and it still has 6 days left to go!

I did a few benchmarks on Superposition-2560x1440 at fullscreen using extreme settings
GTX1080
FPS Min 13.80 Avg 16.56 Max 19.2
RTX2080 super
FPS Min 25.87 Avg 31.00 Max 35.44

I play on a a Predator 3440x1440 100HZ Gsync monitor and would say it has given me around a 30-40% increase in FPS on Modern warefare (not using ray tracing) and its also allowed me to up the settings a fair bit on RD2.
For the price i paid and for the performance boost it has given i might even be able to skip the 3000 series all together.

Hope that helps you decide :)

Back
Top Bottom