Silver spoon loft find, worth anything?

Soldato
Now is the time to be buying silver not selling generally. Keep them wrapped in cling film, price made a low in March and the base price for silver could easily double. The antique value is something else but I dont see its going to get cheaper, I wonder if its the full dinner set and is more significant because of that.

Associate
Lovely spoon that. There are many factors that will dictate the value. Size, weight, who the maker is and where it was made. I would approach antiques dealers with caution, they will most likely be looking to make profit from you. A local auction house will probably be a safer bet. Most offer free valuations. That said i would be happy to help with a value if you like?

Soldato
You could easily clean that up by rubbing it with your fingers. The oil on your hands is enough to reduce the tarnish on silver without damaging it.

My dad sells a boatload of stuff like this. Honestly, it's probably not of great value. Stuff like this rarely is; I think it tends to be more about who might want to buy it. For example, is someone collecting a set with that particular crest on.

You can sell spoons on eBay quite easily. Just present it well and you could make a bit of money.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
I'd be sticking that right in (someone else's) a PC to have a look

Probably full of pictures of all the victims the previous owner murdered in the house. :eek:

That was the sole item... and you're yet to peruse? Madman!

I've got an old laptop lying around that I suppose I could use...

The previous owners had boarded up some of the loft space, and it was hidden under one of the boards :eek:

K-2

K-2

Associate
I've got an old laptop lying around that I suppose I could use...

The previous owners had boarded up some of the loft space, and it was hidden under one of the boards :eek:

You find a USB stick hidden under a floorboard behind a boarded up section of attic space and you decide to just leave it?

It may just be blank and/or totally innocuous but given the lengths to which the previous owner went to hide it, that seems unlikely. If you're genuinely afraid of what it may contain, at least send it to your local police station with an explanatory note.

Caporegime
You find a USB stick hidden under a floorboard behind a boarded up section of attic space and you decide to just leave it?

It may just be blank and/or totally innocuous but given the lengths to which the previous owner went to hide it, that seems unlikely. If you're genuinely afraid of what it may contain, at least send it to your local police station with an explanatory note.

Exactly. I mean it could be the evidence that shows the establishment killed Diana. Who knows!

Back
Top Bottom