**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
Oh sweet, thanks Michael Awkward and sgavan.

I assume Flight Sim will be available via this? And if so which version would it be?

And say if I wanted to purchase it, would they do a discount or would I still need to purchase at full price?

Soldato
The gamepass version is (unsurprisingly) the base version, but as I mentioned earlier that is going to be good enough for the majority I'm sure.

No discount for buying while also having gamepass mentioned no.

Participant - no, the game pass is a bit like netflix for games... while your subscription is active you have access to all the games in the catalogue, when your subscription stops you no longer have access to any of them, whether they are installed on your computer at that point or not. Games also come and go, so a game will not necessarily always be available if the developer decides to remove it from the platform. Given this is a MS first party game I expect it's likely to remain but it's not guaranteed.

Put simply, iif you want the game forever whether you are subscribed to gamepass or not, or you want the premium versions then you need to buy the full game. If you are happy dipping your toes in with a subscription to gamepass and accept that you will lose access should you cancel that subscription at some point in the future, then gamepass is the cheapest way to try it (and of course you get access to all the other games on the service).

Last edited:
Caporegime
Participant - no, the game pass is a bit like netflix for games... while your subscription is active you have access to all the games in the catalogue, when your subscription stops you no longer have access to any of them, whether they are installed on your computer at that point or not. Games also come and go, so a game will not necessarily always be available if the developer decides to remove it from the platform. Given this is a MS first party game I expect it's likely to remain but it's not guaranteed.

Put simply, iif you want the game forever whether you are subscribed to gamepass or not, or you want the premium versions then you need to buy the full game. If you are happy dipping your toes in with a subscription to gamepass and accept that you will lose access should you cancel that subscription at some point in the future, then gamepass is the cheapest way to try it (and of course you get access to all the other games on the service).

Ok that's very clear, thanks.

Soldato
Developers say they will continue to develop content and features for it (I imagine a mix of free and paid for DLC but they don’t specifically mention it), and they have confirmed 3rd party support too.

Can’t say too much due to the alpha NDA nonsense but I have a hunch this is going to set a new standard for flight sims going forwards, I would expect most major third parties will want to have offerings on the platform as I think it will be extremely successful.

Back
Top Bottom