Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

OcUK Staff
Love to hear your thoughts on the soundbar?

Not sampled any true Atmos content yet apart from the demo which was truly remarkable. It shook the house and the sound positioning was incredible.

Just listened to some movies through Plex and Amazon at moment which I think will just be 5.1 and they sound very good.
Need to get my blu ray player in action but am out of power sockets so will go round to other house later to grab some extensions to borrow.

So far any volume over 14 and it sounds good, anything over 20 and it sounds incredible, max is 40 and not achieved over 25 as that seemed to be literally cinema volume in the 22-25 region and I kind of felt like I was in an explosion, the sound bubble is nothing but amazing.

Right now my only complaint is lack of bass at lower volumes, it basically needs like a LOUDNESS button that you get on Sonos stuff which emphasizes bass at lower volumes.

Soldato

Put my pre-order in today for BX 65" OLED, LG totally owning the TV and monitor market these days, loving the soundbar I took delivery of today. :)

It's fine, you won't need to leave the house anyway :D

Wow that is a big ass TV :D Very nice :)

I've got two paintings by the same artist in your background - I was sad to hear he'd died.

Who is it? I do like that painting!

Thanks all, blown away by how big this thing is, will be good to wall mount it as the TV stand is too small for it really.

@Gibbo you'll love the TV I'm sure of it!

The artwork came from https://afremov.com. The guy is dead apparently but the art is still for sale.

I've been suspicious that they probably weren't actually painted by him all this time, but per painting I have the cost wasn't too big, and at least "someone" has painted it rather than being a print.

Soldato
A book

IMG-20200714-104527-02.jpg

Soldato
Since I crashed and damaged my last one last month, I treated myself to a new bike today from my redundancy package.

Pick it up tomorrow.

U96kRV3.jpg

Well happy

Do the disk brakes on push bikes really work in the wet - I haven't ridden a bike for 60 yrs and the rod brakes I had were useless in the wet - I nearly killed myself once going down a steep hill and straight across a main road. Raining = no brakes

Soldato
It has replaced my floor standers.

I need to experiment more but I'd say at lower volumes the floor standers are better as being just a dial knob twist for bass the floor standers I would say are more punchy at lower volumes, this sound bar setup at low volumes the sound is OK, it seems very much setup for upper volummes, medium to loud and it really excels and the surround ability and woofer really start to kick well. Tried the Atmos demo and the sound is incredible, normal 5.1 content streamed say of Amazon or Plex seems very good also.

Sounds good that. I love my AVR system but I feel a soundbar would be a much simpler and neater solution.

I see you have a 65" BX coming, great choice of TV. I have the C9 and it's mindblowingly good!

Last edited:
Soldato
Do the disk brakes on push bikes really work in the wet - I haven't ridden a bike for 60 yrs and the rod brakes I had were useless in the wet - I nearly killed myself once going down a steep hill and straight across a main road. Raining = no brakes

Yes they do! I don’t mind rim brakes though

Back
Top Bottom