Black case, white interior? Or just repaint?

Caporegime
Hi all,

Anyone know of a good case that is black outside but has a white interior? Thought that would look good with standard parts...

I really want something like the O11D (or XL but that might be too big for non-watercooling setup) but the latest Lancool 2 Mesh or P500A also look good.

So I guess my secondary question is how easy is it to repaint the interior of a case? Would it need to be done professionally or could I change a black interior to white without much trouble?

TIA

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
OP
Jayz2cents recently posted a video on how to spraypaint your case. Just mask off what you don't want painted.

Yeah I'm thinking it can't be that hard, be good if the interior isn't riveted all in as I guess I probably only want to do the motherboard tray. Also I guess it doesn't need to be perfect like if it was the exterior and will be matt too...

Really am considering it as I kinda know the case I want.
Tecware Nexus?

Its a cheapy Fractal looking knockoff but its black with a white inside...
Never heard of them but just had a look. Definitely the right idea but looking at it I don't think it will hold a 280 AIO with a decent motherboard due to the VRM cooling fouling it. Will look more into it...

Looks like a Fractal Define so wonder how good at cooling it would be.

Thanks

Caporegime
OP
Cheers man, bit old school with its external DVD bay (though maybe removable) but it's a brand I know.

I don't even have a new PC specced but thought I'd ask about this. Very much considering painting the mobo tray as it be a fun project, just a pain to mask but lets me get any case I want.

That video posted gives me confidence though might be running out of good weather to attempt it!

Soldato
Just take your case apart and spray it, its usually only held in with rivets so drill them out and re-rivet.

Alternatively i've seen some people wrap the inside of their cases with professional car vinyl as its scratch resistant, would still need take the case apart though to get the wrap to go around the edges for a clean look/lines.

Associate
Cheers man, bit old school with its external DVD bay (though maybe removable) but it's a brand I know.

I don't even have a new PC specced but thought I'd ask about this. Very much considering painting the mobo tray as it be a fun project, just a pain to mask but lets me get any case I want.

That video posted gives me confidence though might be running out of good weather to attempt it!

You don't have to use a dvd drive space for just dvd roms, you can put nice digital touch screen fan controllers or water cooling reservoirs or all sorts in those drive bay spaces.

Soldato
The drive bay is removable on the Pro M, i took mine out to fit a 360mm radiator.

You do still have the front plate obviously, but doesn't look to bad.

If i was buying now though, i would get a case with a hinged glass panel.

Back
Top Bottom