Leicester sweatshops

Soldato
Quite how best to derail a thread about a group of businessman from several distinctive heritages exploiting often poor and sometimes undocumented workers as cheap labour in factories that may be unsafe also creating lockdown conditions with unsafe practices, by arguing about BLM.

Seemingly we live in quite racially charged times. Anything that involves another race opens a can of worms. People don't seem to be able to look past the colour of someone's skin.

We're slowly turning into USA-lite.

Soldato
Seemingly we live in quite racially charged times. Anything that involves another race opens a can of worms. People don't seem to be able to look past the colour of someone's skin.

We're slowly turning into USA-lite.
I can quite easily. I judge by behaviour. I have a strong background in workplace health and safety and that is where I am coming from. I do not like to see people injured or worse due to unscrupulous employers flouting all the rules to make a buck.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Apologies for just quoting your posting. I am not getting at you . It is a major bugbear to me that these businesses seem impregnable when they should be easy to take down . Health and safety in ythe workplace is important.
Ah no apologies necessary, now I understand the perspective of all your posts in this thread. It is a shame that these places have flourished without containment, perhaps initial ignorance by authorities allowed it too much of a foothold.

Caporegime
Quite, how best to derail a thread about a group of businessman from several distinctive heritages exploiting often poor and sometimes undocumented workers as cheap labour in factories that may be unsafe also creating lockdown conditions with unsafe practices, by arguing about BLM.

I'd say it's pertinent. The lives of these people matter but nobody seems to give a crap. Where are the authorities that are supposed to protect them? Where are the protests against the owners? We have real issues to hand and instead tossers are too busy focusing their energy on statues and name plaques instead of things like this.

Soldato
I'd say it's pertinent. The lives of these people matter but nobody seems to give a crap. Where are the authorities that are supposed to protect them? Where are the protests against the owners? We have real issues to hand and instead tossers are too busy focusing their energy on statues and name plaques instead of things like this.
There is a degree of pertinence, however I think that LH is an irrelevance and likely to derail what is a much more serious issue in this country at this time. I agree with you on the authorities who have used Nelson's eye in seeing no ships (turning a blind eye) possibly to avoid being called out as racist. A particular issue in local government. The workforce are unable or unlikely to call on the HSE so have little force. Trading standards and HMRC should have been more inquisitive than they were IMO.

Soldato
I can quite easily. I judge by behaviour. I have a strong background in workplace health and safety and that is where I am coming from. I do not like to see people injured or worse due to unscrupulous employers flouting all the rules to make a buck.

Alas, no HSE inspector would dare go within a mile of those premises.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Anyway LH and BLM are off topic and a distraction to this thread.

Seems par for the course these days.

Quite, how best to derail a thread about a group of businessman from several distinctive heritages exploiting often poor and sometimes undocumented workers as cheap labour in factories that may be unsafe also creating lockdown conditions with unsafe practices, by arguing about BLM.

It is a shame my 'Eradicating racial discrimination' thread was locked as that was the perfect place to move these frequent off topic discussions.

In regards to these factories, do we actually know if they have been reported and what the outcome was? I assume there have been grievances filled and dealt with for specific companies, which may have been closed as a solution, but with so many existing and companies closing/opening it must become a minefield of red tape.

Soldato
People want to buy a clothes for £3. Wear em once and bin em later. This wouldn't be possible if people weren't getting paid tiny wages.

Greed and disposable clothing causes this.

Shops like primark order clothes at absolute rock bottom prices and textile places will go as low as financially possible to fulfil orders.

We are all happy with getting our junk shipped in from Chinese sweat shops. At least some of this money comes back into our economy.

Soldato
People want to buy a clothes for £3. Wear em once and bin em later. This wouldn't be possible if people weren't getting paid tiny wages.

Shops like primark order clothes at absolute rock bottom prices and textile places will go as low as financially possible to fulfil orders.

We are all happy with getting our junk shipped in from Chinese sweat shops. At least some of this money comes back into our economy.

Please stop talking sense.

Soldato
OP

From what I've heard, the wages will be paid by laundered drug money and they will declare less hours being worked so they can top it up with benefits. The houses these workers rent will be owned by the business owners/community and 10 people piled into one house. This is why covid is spiking there and they're in lock down again, affecting legit business owners who are going bust.

I do agree that this country's need for cheep goods is to blame for the current crisis.

Soldato
Because the local councillors won’t get re-elected if they speak out. That’s assuming they’re not from said community and therefore think it’s okay. Police turn a blind eye as they’ll be branded racist oppressors if they get involved and the local community leaders will kick off.

That’s a totally Labour area could be a factor.

This is something that seems to be overlooked in all the recent scandals such as Rotherham, Rochdale etc. The one common denominator in all these cases is the inaction of the ruling councillors of these places being Labour operated.

We see the term 'systemic racism' and it's automatically assumed that a minority is the victim yet it's the minority in these cases that are the perpetrators and being ignored/abetted by Labour.

Caporegime

All of that stuff sickens me, but I know plenty who enjoy doing as you suggest. Wearing once and then never again.*

I've always worn my (highly fashionable, naturally :p) clothes until other people have binned them for me, citing the fact that they were literally in tatters :p

*Shockingly - and I feel this really needs to change - the Queen has a team who ensure she never wears the same outfit more than once (twice at the absolute most).

That's a really ****y example to set, tbh, and not at all in line with sustainable practices.

Caporegime
Which Nazis? Hugo Boss and Mercedes were mentioned; I'm not sure they're card-carrying Nazis tho!

Hiding in plain sight? :p

Both were parts of the Nazi war machine. Hugo Boss himself was literally a card carrying nazi. Number 508 889. So...erm...yeah.

As for MB. One of the directors was literally Hitler's best mate (Jacob werlin). So again...erm...yeah.

Caporegime
Both were parts of the Nazi war machine. Hugo Boss himself was literally a card carrying nazi. Number 508 889. So...erm...yeah.

As for MB. One of the directors was literally Hitler's best mate (Jacob werlin). So again...erm...yeah.
But the comment was that the Nazis are paying Hamilton's wages :p

Hugo Boss himself is very dead, for 70 years in fact :p

Also why aren't Mercedes waging war on the Jews still? :p Have the Nazis softened a bit since WW2? :p

Permabanned
All of that stuff sickens me, but I know plenty who enjoy doing as you suggest. Wearing once and then never again.*

I've always worn my (highly fashionable, naturally :p) clothes until other people have binned them for me, citing the fact that they were literally in tatters :p

*Shockingly - and I feel this really needs to change - the Queen has a team who ensure she never wears the same outfit more than once (twice at the absolute most).

That's a really ****y example to set, tbh, and not at all in line with sustainable practices.

As a fairly ardent Royalist I can assure you the Queen wears the same outfit many times, to various functions or in private, and Prince Charles is notorious for his (quite obvious) attachment to clothes many here would condemn to the bin as most charity shops would probably refuse them!

We now find ourselves in the position where immigrants living outside the law, immigration and business practice wise, are not only here illegally and paying no taxes, their lifestyle and unwillingness to obey government instruction are now causing the closure of large areas of a major city as they pose a deadly health risk to those who are willing to operate within, and obey the law.

Caporegime
But the comment was that the Nazis are paying Hamilton's wages :p

Hugo Boss himself is very dead, for 70 years in fact :p

Also why aren't Mercedes waging war on the Jews still? :p Have the Nazis softened a bit since WW2? :p

No it wasn't. Post that comment.

Your comment was that they weren't card carrying nazi's. They were! You couldn't have been more wrong.

Last edited:
Caporegime
No it wasn't. Post that comment.

Your comment was that they weren't card carrying nazi's. They were! You couldn't have been more wrong.
You seem to be confusing present tense with past tense, which is an important distinction.

Which Nazis? Hugo Boss and Mercedes were mentioned; I'm not sure they're card-carrying Nazis tho!

Hiding in plain sight? :p
Or the irony is now that the Nazis are paying a black man millions of pounds?
For your convenience! @Dis86

I suppose since the company Hugo Boss and the man Hugo Boss share the same name, you might be a bit confused, but the man couldn't be paying Hamilton's wages on account of being dead for 70 years.

Back
Top Bottom