3d printing Show us your Prints.

Associate
What a fantastic thread! Love your work. I keep seeing people refer to Ender 3s, they are very popular.

3D printing is cool, I just hate the layer lines seen on so many prints.

It's amazing how big some of these prints are;

Man of Honour
Ender 3 is great value and works well, hence popular. Other options too. What do you mean layer lines? Depending on material and settings prints can be extremely smooth.

Associate
If they can be smoother, it's not clear because so many have a rough finish in photos across the internet. I know some of you can achieve it, but I'd say you are a minority.

Associate
Can we still post pics in this one if we'd rather also have the option of discussing or asking questions?
Or is this thread gonna be locked?

Associate
Can we still post pics in this one if we'd rather also have the option of discussing or asking questions?
Or is this thread gonna be locked?
This is what has been said on the other thread:

This thread has been created for you all to share your designs (photos and information on tech, filaments and process used) without lots of questions or talk in between.

If you have a question about something posted here, please post another thread and refer to the member in that thread using @username. Similarly, in the interests of keeping this thread succinct, avoid the temptation to talk between so we can keep content relevant and avoid it getting monster big like other threads.

If you have a design and would like feedback, share the information here (photos and information on tech, filaments and process used) and create a separate thread and link back to it here.

Man of Honour
Testing big layer heights at relatively high speed. I have a massive print for something functional and didn't fancy 30 hours print time:

0.54mm layer height at 45mm/s using a 0.8mm nozzle and 230 degrees.

Soldato
A phone holder for my SN30 Pro+.

Much better than the 8bitdo one as it centres the phone weight over the controller rather than being back heavy and giving you additional wrist strain.

PFGChLSl.jpg

Soldato
I've been having NuhGrrrrrrrrrrrr moments with my Chiron

After trying repositioning all over the bed and using Pritt Stick etc.... The sodding bed had magically gone out of level !
Re-levelled and now all is well again.

What am I printing ?
A 20s-7P battery case for my ebike. This is just the lid as the case is quite involved and I didn't want to print for about 3 days and discover something is wrong !
That'll probably happen anyway lol !!
This is the design I created in FreeCAD. The side "Wings" are for the large 300 amp BMS. It was the only place that can accomodate it

Some previous prints are in order I guess..

Printed 4 of these (large) vases in different colours so far..
Lc0E7fxl.jpg

& 3 of these
SNlYqJMl.jpg

Associate

Another perfect resin print on the Elegoo MARS using the brand new WhamBam Systems flexible build system for resin printers. If you'd like a Resin build system of your own, you can find out more information and pre-order on the WhamBam website.

If you wish to purchase a Resin build system you can use discount code "Rushmere" between the dates below for a discount on any Flexible Build System for Resin or Double Wham for Resin.

20% off from August 11th through the 17th
15% off from August 18th through the 25th

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom