The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - MODS & TWEAKS

Soldato
It should be manually set in SkyrimPrefs.ini in MyDocuments\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition i.e.

[Display]
bBorderless=1
bFull Screen=0
iSize H=1440
iSize W=3440

or whatever you want it to be. The game launcher won't recognise anything greater then 1920x1080. It might be worth making the .ini read only if its getting reverted

Soldato
It should be manually set in SkyrimPrefs.ini in MyDocuments\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition i.e.

[Display]
bBorderless=1
bFull Screen=0
iSize H=1440
iSize W=3440

or whatever you want it to be. The game launcher won't recognise anything greater then 1920x1080. It might be worth making the .ini read only if its getting reverted

The ini settings aren't being overwritten, it's a bit strange.

Caporegime
I have the same issue with running lower resolutions than native in Living Skyrim modlist, run via MO2... I have the resolution set to 1440p in the launcher (there's a widescreen patch) and my .ini file (the one that links to MO2) is set to run full screen... but still no joy and I get a windows in the top left each time. The weird thing is it ran fine a couple of days ago. :(

Soldato
I have the same issue with running lower resolutions than native in Living Skyrim modlist, run via MO2... I have the resolution set to 1440p in the launcher (there's a widescreen patch) and my .ini file (the one that links to MO2) is set to run full screen... but still no joy and I get a windows in the top left each time. The weird thing is it ran fine a couple of days ago. :(

I installed this game a couple of months ago, and also couldn't get 21:9 working properly, with or without mods/patches.

Gave up in the end, might give it another go if someone finds a solution!

Caporegime
I installed this game a couple of months ago, and also couldn't get 21:9 working properly, with or without mods/patches.

Gave up in the end, might give it another go if someone finds a solution!
It was running fine so there must be a setting somewhere that I have missed... 16:9 resolutions should be no problem for this game.

Caporegime
You need to change the ini values in MO, click on the cog and select "edit ini files"
As I wrote above... "I have the resolution set to 1440p in the launcher (there's a widescreen patch) and my .ini file (the one that links to MO2) is set to run full screen"

[Display]
bBorderless=1
bDrawLandShadows=1
bEnableImprovedSnow=1
bEnableProjecteUVDiffuseNormals=1
bForceCreateTarget=0
bFull Screen=1
bFXAAEnabled=0
bIBLFEnable=1
bIndEnable=0
bSAO_CS_Enable=0
bSAOEnable=1
bScreenSpaceReflectionEnabled=1
bToggleSparkles=1
bTreesReceiveShadows=1
bUse64bitsHDRRenderTarget=1
bUsePrecipitationOcclusion=1
bUseTAA=1
bVolumetricLightingEnable=1
fDynamicDOFBlurMultiplier=0.8000
ffocusShadowMapDoubleEveryXUnit=450.0000
fGamma=1.0000
fInteriorShadowDistance=3000.0000
fLeafAnimDampenDistEnd=4600.0000
fLeafAnimDampenDistStart=3600.0000
fLightLODStartFade=3750.0000
fMeshLODFadeBoundDefault=256.0000
fMeshLODFadePercentDefault=1.2000
fMeshLODLevel1FadeDist=999999
fMeshLODLevel1FadeTreeDistance=8960.0000
fMeshLODLevel2FadeDist=999999
fMeshLODLevel2FadeTreeDistance=5376.0000
fProjectedUVDiffuseNormalTilingScale=0.2000
fProjectedUVNormalDetailTilingScale=0.8000
fShadowDistance=3000
fTreesMidLODSwitchDist=10000000.0000
iMaxDecalsPerFrame=800
iMaxSkinDecalsPerFrame=250
iNumFocusShadow=2
iNumSplits=2
iReflectionResolutionDivider=2
iSaveGameScreenShotHeight=192
iSaveGameScreenShotHeighWSt=192
iSaveGameScreenShotWidth=256
iSaveGameScreenShotWidthWS=320
iScreenShotIndex=270
iShadowMapResolution=2048
iShadowMaskQuarter=4
iSize H=1440
iSize W=2560
iVolumetricLightingQuality=2
iVSyncPresentInterval=1
uBookRatio=2
iAdapter=0

Caporegime
You haven't got it set to wide-screen so why use the patch?
1440 is 16:9 widescreen... or am I misunderstanding what you mean? The patch is actually for the UI.

bBorderless=1
does this not conflict with fullscreen?
Doesn't seem to, I just tried disabling it to 0 and no difference. I will see if my Nvidia scaling settings help.

Caporegime
Mate, no-one has a 4:3 monitor in this day and age. The patch is for 21:9 ultrawide.
Skyrim when released was known for not supporting many widescreen settings, so I thought this was a fix to help that with the old engine or UI elements. It's not immediately obvious to me that something called "widescreen fix" is actually for "ultra widescreens". Anyway I don't think that this is not the source of the issue, as it is the same problem with it enabled or disabled.

If I load SKSE by clicking the .exe and NOT through MO2 then it loads in fullscreen, so this issue appears to be something to do with MO2. I checked the .ini file and it seems fine and set to 1440p and full screen.

Associate
Guys, check this out... someone made a complete modlist that si apparently awesome and can all be downloading through a tool and relatively simple process... https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/hkm4gk/modlist_release_wabbajack_living_skyrim_200_is/

Well I just spent the best part of 6 hours getting all this set up and it looks stunning, in fact it's like a totally different game. Just a shame that my 1660ti laptop just can't run it properly :p gutted as it looks amazing, didn't even enable the ENB either.

Caporegime
Well I just spent the best part of 6 hours getting all this set up and it looks stunning, in fact it's like a totally different game. Just a shame that my 1660ti laptop just can't run it properly :p gutted as it looks amazing, didn't even enable the ENB either.
Hah yeah... it's pretty funny that one of the reasons I will buy a fast Ampere is to pay a modded 10 year old game maxed out with ENB's. :D

Soldato
If I load SKSE by clicking the .exe and NOT through MO2 then it loads in fullscreen, so this issue appears to be something to do with MO2. I checked the .ini file and it seems fine and set to 1440p and full screen.

You've probably figured it out by now but MO2 keeps it own local copies of .ini files and likely in its profile settings so you'd have to check those... don't use it myself though so couldn't tell you where.

Hah yeah... it's pretty funny that one of the reasons I will buy a fast Ampere is to pay a modded 10 year old game maxed out with ENB's. :D

Even a 2080ti struggles with ENB, drops as low as the 30's in the odd spot though thats compounded by a tree shadow issue (Simply Bigger Trees also means massively bigger shadows)

Associate
Hello,

I've finally gotten round to playing Skyrim and after initially only intending to install a few graphical improvement mods I've fallen down the rabbit hole and caused a slight issue.
In the Dead Man's Drink tavern in Falkreath constant wisps of mist keep rising out of the floor and disappearing.
https://imgur.com/a/EIRvnjb
I've done some searching but not found anything so before I start removing and reinstalling mods I just thought I'd ask if anyone had already seen this issue and knew exactly what it was?

Thanks

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hello,

I've finally gotten round to playing Skyrim and after initially only intending to install a few graphical improvement mods I've fallen down the rabbit hole and caused a slight issue.
In the Dead Man's Drink tavern in Falkreath constant wisps of mist keep rising out of the floor and disappearing.
https://imgur.com/a/EIRvnjb
I've done some searching but not found anything so before I start removing and reinstalling mods I just thought I'd ask if anyone had already seen this issue and knew exactly what it was?

Thanks
Without seeing a list of installed mods it's almost impossible to say what the problem is. Always provide your list of installed mods. Also, Reddit is the best place for dedicated Skyrim mod support https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods

Associate
Sorry mate, not posting the mod list was intentional.
Not looking for someone to waste their time working the problem, I don't mind doing that myself, was just asking if someone had seen it before and knew how to fix it off the top of their head.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom