Peugeot RCZ or VW Scirocco or ...

Associate
With kids having their own cars and moving out it is time to replace the family saloon with something smaller. Only planning to keep for 2-3 years (will be doing 20k/year motorway miles during that period) hence looking for a small coupe that can do +50mpg and is easy on the eye. Any other suggestions?

Associate
OP
The Scirocco has adaptive suspension and the RCZ is a French car so can't be that bad. Volvo V40 possibly?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Didn't like the looks of it and it's reputation (hairdresser's car :p) but could be an option.

And you like the looks of the RCZ which is basically a TT with boobs for a roof?

Both cars are small inside and have quite cramped driving positions. From memory the headroom in the scirroco was terrible. I found the golf surprisingly to be far more comfortable despite so many components being shared.

Soldato
My old dear had a RCZ for a couple of years... Plenty of space in the front but not ideal if anyone plans to come along for the ride in the rear seats... Styling was alright, like mentioned above, bit like a TT with boobs.... She never had any issues and loved the way it drove...

Soldato
Both cars are small inside and have quite cramped driving positions.
I've only driven a TT 225 - but the front had loads of space. Nothing in the back - but I'm 6.2 and didn't feel at all cramped. It was a very comfortable drive.

The doors were very long, felt about a foot wide and there wasn't much to hold onto - which made getting in and out in tight spaces a bit awkward.

Associate
OP
My old dear had a RCZ for a couple of years... Plenty of space in the front but not ideal if anyone plans to come along for the ride in the rear seats... Styling was alright, like mentioned above, bit like a TT with boobs.... She never had any issues and loved the way it drove...

Indeed no problem with front space even if you are over 6ft. Just need to test drive them on the motorway and see which one is more comfortable and insulated from noise (engine/tyre/wind)

Soldato
Sporty+comfort is a GT car, but there aren't many diesel ones. A gt86 will top 40 on a motorway and that is probably as good as it gets for that type of car.

It's pretend sporty, or compromise on running costs.

Back
Top Bottom