How do you deal with unexpected condiments when eating out?

Soldato
ProperTomatoKetchupKR05-1.png

This stuff is brilliant. Dollop on the side of the plate, I wouldn't call that ruining at all.

This is my go to tomato sauce

SSnshNe.jpg

I don’t think that was tartar sauce he gave you :eek:

I thought it was the capers that gave it the slightly salty tang.

Man of Honour
Ketchup doesn't even taste of tomato. It's tastes more like a bucket of sugar with some salt and vinegar thrown in.

How people can intentionally ruin their food with lavishings of ketchup is anybody's guess.

You obviously don’t like ketchup on your food, neither do I, but apparently some people do, it’s their call, we can only avert our eyes and let them get on with it.

Soldato
You obviously don’t like ketchup on your food, neither do I, but apparently some people do, it’s their call, we can only avert our eyes and let them get on with it.

Don't look away for too long or you might find a nice red dollop on your fish fingers. :p

Soldato
I've been burned so many times by substandard condiments that I actually make my own now.

All it takes is a small skillet pan, tomato passata, a handful of spices, and a little bit of gas.

Setting it all up in the restaurant can be tricky but it's easy if there's a spare table next to you.

Man of Honour
:eek::eek::eek:
Don't look away for too long or you might find a nice red dollop on your fish fingers. :p

I won’t deny it, there have been times, few and far between, when my wife has dug fish fingers out of the freezer, souvenirs of the time when we had charge of our toddler great niece while her parents were at work, but I’d never put ketchup on those fish fingers, ground black pepper only for me.
My wife loves to shine me on, but she’d never put a dollop of ketchup on my food :eek:

Soldato
:eek::eek::eek:

I won’t deny it, there have been times, few and far between, when my wife has dug fish fingers out of the freezer, souvenirs of the time when we had charge of our toddler great niece while her parents were at work, but I’d never put ketchup on those fish fingers, ground black pepper only for me.
My wife loves to shine me on, but she’d never put a dollop of ketchup on my food :eek:

Fair play. :)

Fish finger butties are a guilty pleasure of mine - I've always enjoyed them. Three or four between a couple of slices of bread or toast with some tom sauce... food of the gods.

It can all be done with just a toaster too, if needs must. :)

Soldato
There's some very strange people in here, I genuinely pay no attention to the brand of condiment

I used to carry a bottle of HP Brown Sauce in my glove box, all the other stuff tastes way too sweet to me.

It's a godsend if you stop off for a sausage sarnie & all the cafe has is tesco value ****. The sauce can make or break a sausage sarnie!

Soldato
It's a godsend if you stop off for a sausage sarnie & all the cafe has is tesco value ****. The sauce can make or break a sausage sarnie!

If the café can only afford Tesco Value brown sauce, I'd be more concerned about the super cheap, super poor quality sausages that are likely part of said sandwich.

Soldato
If the café can only afford Tesco Value brown sauce, I'd be more concerned about the super cheap, super poor quality sausages that are likely part of said sandwich.

Maybe, but even the more normal offerings are a poor imitation to HP. It's not always the case that they use super cheap sausages, sometimes it's just the owner themselves has no tastebuds and can't tell the difference so thinks any old brown sauce will do.

Theres a place near my mums house that get's really nice lincolnshire sausages "locally sourced" & then slaps generic, overly sweet brown sauce on the table that just ruins the whole thing.

Soldato
Theres a place near my mums house that get's really nice lincolnshire sausages "locally sourced" & then slaps generic, overly sweet brown sauce on the table that just ruins the whole thing.

That's true. Sometimes the quality of supplied condiments is very poor. It's a travesty. :(

Soldato
The missus generally carries around a selection of decent condiments in her handbag. It also protects against those places that try to ration or charge for them.

Caporegime
The missus generally carries around a selection of decent condiments in her handbag. It also protects against those places that try to ration or charge for them.
can you ask your missus to empty her hand bag and take a photo of the contents for you to post on these forums.

actually we should have a thread where everyone does it, I bet their would be some interesting contents

Soldato
can you ask your missus to empty her hand bag and take a photo of the contents for you to post on these forums.

actually we should have a thread where everyone does it, I bet their would be some interesting contents

No man has ever asked a lady to empty her handbag and lived. :)

Back
Top Bottom