I feel like I'm... done with gaming?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Maybe you guys should take the convo to PM... ;)

I'm not gaming right now as I'm between builds. I have been enjoying MW but I have realised I only really have fun playing games with friends, which isn't that often. We all have such busy and inconsistent schedules.

Soldato
OP
I had a very same thing not so long ago, OP. I think you're just fed up with games. You need some rest. But after you get it, the desire will return. I had this once. I've deleted every single game on my PC and started to watch movies at evening. After 2 weeks I've downloaded Overwatch, because one of my friends recommended it to me. And I have played Overwatch since then almost every day.

As the OP, I have to say that for me things changed a bit over the past two years plus. My "no interest in games" funk lasted another six or seven months after my first post, meaning that for pretty much all of 2018 I barely played anything other than the odd hour here or there in an indie game as I tried to see if they would spark anything.

That Christmas, though, I got an UW monitor (about as much for work as for trying to rekindle gaming interest) and Wolfenstein, Tomb Raider and Shadow of War kicked off a renewed interest. I went back and finished DSIII and all the DLC (and NG+) the next year.

I am kind of feeling a lull again now, after going as far through Nioh's NG+ cycles as I could manage before it became a bit too grindy for my tastes. Been looking through my libraries and wishlists and finding no motivation right now.

Perhaps interesting that it was putting lots of hours into DSIII (and having been banging my head against what was at that time a brick wall in Sister Friede) that preceded my previous lull and now it's Nioh (and the slightly softer but still tangible wall of the endgame of Way of the Wise and the horribly buffed bosses that start cropping up). Perhaps a bit of burn-out from the relatively more demanding Souls-like games, who knows.

Quite happy to have a break for a while this time. I still need to watch series four of The Expanse for one thing...

Soldato
I've gone nuts and ordered 3 new pairs of glasses, good quality type with all the tints and the likes for monitor use (expensive) one of which is solely for pc monitor use and I hoping that it re allows me to concentrate without fatigue or sickness after 15 to 20 mins currently, often less.
Been advise my issues with monitor and TV use, the fatigue and such is most likely due to poor vision and the fact I've not had an eye test in 6 years and the glasses I use are from the year prior to that.
The last year I've just not been able to sit in comfort due to supposed eyestrain. We shall see weekend.

Associate
Must admit, having been gaming for many many years I am more often than not disappointed or just disinterested in most new games these days.

Just feel like we have seen it all before. Once in a while something a bit special comes out e.g. RDR2 recently but the majority are just variations of what has come before which bore me now.

Associate
My priorities changed I guess, it's less about the thrill of gaming and more about relaxation and escape.

There are games I enjoy today which I would never have touched as a nipper. Relaxing stuff Eg aimless flight sims or building games like factorio. The noisy stuff I liked before... no chance today. Just feels like watching a marvel movie with some control over pan.

Caporegime
This is going to happen to me now, snooker starts today for almost 30 days worth of non-stop, all-day coverage, which means my gaming grinds to a halt. Quantum Break is going to get left in the middle, so I'll have to restart that again. And I bought a Kindle so plan to do some reading. At least on the bright side, it'll be one month closer to the start of next-gen when it's over.

Soldato
I kind of suddenly fell out of love with gaming too. I still like to see whats coming out and a lot of channels I watch on YouTube are gaming related, but I don't really seem to enjoy the actual playing the game part! Just before lockdown though I got myself a Switch. I've really enjoyed playing a few of the Mario games. Those are games that you can put down and pick up anytime and play at your own pace.

I'm finding myself enjoying this far more than frantic fast paced fps shooters nowadays. Although I do blame myself partly, as I've got older I've become more impatient and find myself getting frustrated quickly with games if I suck. Never used to mind, but I'm clearly becoming a grumpy git :)

Soldato
Ive found as I've aged I don't have the time to put into games that require longer single sittingd.

I like to either have short games I can whizz through, or longer ones I can pick up and out down.

Loving RPGs, KSP, and indie games that are story driven. Triple As don't interest me that much either!

Id have been quivering at the thought of Cyberpunk once upon a time, these days I'm not bothered, and have expect it to be a flop. CDPR is the only thing that gives me hope about it.

Soldato
Ive found as I've aged I don't have the time to put into games that require longer single sittingd.

I like to either have short games I can whizz through, or longer ones I can pick up and out down.

Loving RPGs, KSP, and indie games that are story driven. Triple As don't interest me that much either!

Id have been quivering at the thought of Cyberpunk once upon a time, these days I'm not bothered, and have expect it to be a flop. CDPR is the only thing that gives me hope about it.

Ksp is legendary I can wait for 2.

I haven't been gaming a lot recently until I picked up elder scrolls online and I feel an unhealthy addiction coming on.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I get the itch often, but when I actually find time and sit down to start playing I really find little enjoyment.

I may play games again one day when my son is old enough and we can play together.

Caporegime
key when bordem sets in is play games with friends also play something outside your own niche. often we all stick to certain games we know we probably like. you get familar with that and regardless of what changes in that niche you will always be familar so bordem sets in quicker that a game you wouldnt normally play. so stretch your spectrum on games. you will often find something refreshing.

Associate
When I get bored of what I play (Mostly WoW and D3) I turn to Steam, found some solid stuff on there lately. Divinity: Original Sin, X-Com series, Resident Evil remakes, all serve to alleviate the boredom :)

Soldato
I know this is an old thread but since it’s been revitalised I thought I’d add my thoughts...

I’m mid thirties now, I have to say VR really revitalised my desire to game, and oddly it went beyond VR too as I started playing a few normal PC games too.

The VR move has changed my preference now though and driving/flying sims are now my most played category by far... I did however love Alyx, so there’s clear potential for other formats of VR games to snag my attention but not many have yet proved sufficiently compelling for me.

I think it’s all normal, my interests in various hobbies waxes and wanes over the years!

Back
Top Bottom