BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Soldato
For those with BT’s 910Mb package, what’s your Stay Fast Guarantee? They’re saying mine’s going to be 455Mb but I’m just wondering if that’s just a very conservative figure.

455Mb here but haven't seen anything lower than the full 900Mb when the other end can deliver the speed.

Man of Honour
Yes. Plusnet's T&Cs would have you either pay the early termination costs or start a new contract for ADSL so if you know you're moving in a few months then just pay a bit more for now to not be in a contract.
That's what I thought, full price ahead I guess!

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Re-ordered yesterday at the morning after receiving acceptance of my cancellation at the old price.

The chap just knocked at the door to let me know he's about to run the fibre and where would I like it it to enter the property. Noice.

Associate
Even I got excited reading that wishing it was me. :D:eek:

That's my weakest part, some aluminium and copper for 250 meters.

I went out and spoke to the engineers, he said this is the final cable pull before the length that goes into my house. he said it would be a few weeks before the system will update before i can place an order..

Funnily enough where I live an independent company has been building the fibre network and I have had a pre ordered connection with them for 600/600, only problem is they needed X% of interest before proceeding with putting in the builds.. they have been laying fiber all across the town except my street where they didn't get enough sign ups yet so have been waiting for over a year for them to progress. I bet they are sick now seeing BT lay fibre all over... I reckon could be the end of that company.

Cob

Cob

Soldato
3267232997305541-fBOwKs5J.png

Upload seems to be capped at 50Mbs for some reason. I'll give it a day or two and see if it changes.

Soldato
Soldato
Rebooted the SH2 and I've got near the full upload -

3267244781582318-INWoqzFN.png

That’s the same upload speed I get, the official upload BT quote for Fibre 900 is 110Mbps.

It looks like users who upgraded from another FTTP product get 120Mbps but new connections are on 110Mbps. I was going to ask BT about it but it’s a fairly small difference.

Soldato
Noice, did you get the £55 price as well?

I'm on 150/30 for £30/month with Halo 1 at the moment apparently. BT would sell me the 900/100 for £55 but it's almost double the cost, and tbh 150 is pretty quick anyway :)

Cheers :)

Yup £54.99 was paying £64.99 for the Infinity 4!!

With both of us working from home we need the speed, plus her business being based in the garden pays for some of it :) lessons the cost a bit.

Soldato
That’s the same upload speed I get, the official upload BT quote for Fibre 900 is 110Mbps.

It looks like users who upgraded from another FTTP product get 120Mbps but new connections are on 110Mbps. I was going to ask BT about it but it’s a fairly small difference.

Can confirm mine was an upgrade, still doesnt make sense why i get 10Mbps more though lol. 10Mbps for being a loyal customer :D

Soldato
Cheers :)

Yup £54.99 was paying £64.99 for the Infinity 4!!

With both of us working from home we need the speed, plus her business being based in the garden pays for some of it :) lessons the cost a bit.

Yeah think that's fair enough if I had more people sharing the internet than just me I'd consider it as well.

I kind of want the 300/50 service though as a good sweet spot, but will wait a bit and see if any deals later in the year.

Soldato
When new deals come up are BT pretty good at letting you re-contract at new customer rates early? I'm sure you made a thread @HungryHippos to ask this very question.

I didn't make a thread about it but talked about it here. I am/was still in contract and they let me go to the 900mbps one early but it meant a new contract start and they are 24 months now.

So yeah if you see a deal you want to go to they seem quite happy to swap you to it if it's available to them, and you can quote their "never pay more than a new customer" sentence on every letter they send out and all their marketing materials if they want to charge more.

You'd probably miss any things like cashback deals or new customer reward cards though.

Back
Top Bottom