Another eye injection

Soldato
Finally got in at hospital for another eye test - all going OK and Doc said it looks better than last time - I can't say I have noticed - So he said we will give you another injection either now or come back.
Now while I am here.

Monthly injections.
First injection was a doddle -felt nothing
Second injection I felt needle go in the eyeball.
Third injection felt needle go in then travel into the eye. All these didn't hurt -just uncomfortable.

Today felt it go in and down - could feel the liquid run round the eye and after they pulled it out -blood.
Never bled before.
Also it looked like I was looking through a thick cling film. Everything was hazy -that's never happened before- Have to say it's clearing up a bit now so just hope it gets back to how it was -not perfect by any means it's just the big black dinner plate in center of my vision.

Caporegime
giphy.gif

Soldato
OP
Everyone has the same reaction even I did before I needed them.
There is one thing in your body you will not want to lose and that's your eyes.
I bet everyone of you given the choice of going blind or injections to slow it or fix it will have an injection

It's not a nice feeling but it's more in the mind than the physical deed
Beats going to Dentist hands down :D:D

Man of Honour
One of the most painful things I've had done is a biopsy of the testicle. Although it was done under general anaesthetic it bloody hurt for a week after.

Soldato
Everyone has the same reaction even I did before I needed them.
There is one thing in your body you will not want to lose and that's your eyes.
I bet everyone of you given the choice of going blind or injections to slow it or fix it will have an injection

It's not a nice feeling but it's more in the mind than the physical deed
Beats going to Dentist hands down :D:D

Not had the experience of injection "in" the Eye.

But I have had cataract surgery and to say that it is an "Interesting" experience is something of an understatement!

One piece of advise if anybody has this to look forward too.

(Well two actually)

Firstly. The local anaesthetic can be a bit hit or miss. First eye was painless and paralysed during surgery. The second less so and I also had to make a point of not moving my eye while the surgeon was sticking a knife in it.

secondly. If you have this done it is routine to do it as day surgery and you go home afterwards.

If possible, do not do this. Try to get either an overnight stay in the hospital or book into a hotel near the hospital with a friend with a car in case you need to get back to the hospital quickly.

I got to have a stayover and eye had a bleed in the middle of the night and although it was just bloody tears and not a problem I would have been scared ******** if I had been ten miles away, at home, and trying to arrange transport back to the hospital.

(It is also bloody uncomfortable once the anaesthetic wears off. being in the hospital meant that my consultant, who must work totally crazy hours, could come and put some totally amazing eye drops in. Instant relief. (Consultant left me with a box of them just in case I needed more :) ))

Soldato
Could be worse, you could have a hook in your eye like this guy

:D

OWWWWWwwwwwwww!

Mind, reminds me some years ago when I went to see my consultant. He told me that he had spent several hours in theatre the previous day trying to save the eye (Not the eyesight. That was gone! Just the Eye!) of somebody who had managed to thwack himself in the face with a bungee hook while loading a roof rack.

It only takes an instant or carelessness or error for a lifetime of regret.

I am actually pretty paranoid about Eye protection nowadays. I even wear safety specs for washing up after once splashing myself in the eye with fairy liquid.

I cannot believe that something that hurt so bad didn't cause permanent damage!

Soldato
OP
Not had the experience of injection "in" the Eye.

But I have had cataract surgery and to say that it is an "Interesting" experience is something of an understatement!

One piece of advise if anybody has this to look forward too.

(Well two actually)

Firstly. The local anaesthetic can be a bit hit or miss. First eye was painless and paralysed during surgery. The second less so and I also had to make a point of not moving my eye while the surgeon was sticking a knife in it.

secondly. If you have this done it is routine to do it as day surgery and you go home afterwards.

If possible, do not do this. Try to get either an overnight stay in the hospital or book into a hotel near the hospital with a friend with a car in case you need to get back to the hospital quickly.

I got to have a stayover and eye had a bleed in the middle of the night and although it was just bloody tears and not a problem I would have been scared ******** if I had been ten miles away, at home, and trying to arrange transport back to the hospital.

(It is also bloody uncomfortable once the anaesthetic wears off. being in the hospital meant that my consultant, who must work totally crazy hours, could come and put some totally amazing eye drops in. Instant relief. (Consultant left me with a box of them just in case I needed more :) ))

The wife has had both done and it went very well - she asked how much longer and Doc said we have finished -she never felt a thing and was totally amazed at how good her eyes are now. Close up stuff need glasses.

That hook made me grab my balls - arrrrrr!

Back
Top Bottom