Are you a heel walker or a toe walker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I generally walk around the house barefoot

I find that barefoot, I tend to put my weight on the balls of my feet rather than the heels

Even to the point where I often put no weight at all on my heels and basically just toe walk (particularly when going up/down stairs or anywhere else where I am having to be careful where I put my feet)

What do others do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
OP
super interesting thread on how people walk....

How people walk/run is rather more interesting than you might think.

The one thing that makes Humans different from other apes are not our opposable thumbs,

It seems to me that it is our feet.

They are actually very un-ape like and have, seeming to me, evolved to fulfil a very specific purpose that would have continued down a very interesting line of development had we remained "Wild Animals"

Human evolution is really very interesting and the "Big Brain" is only a minor part of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Barefoot round the home i use both methods. Barefoot outside i walk on my toes.
Walking around in shoes i only heel strike unless i am trying to walk quietly.

Soldato
Walking with shoes, a very deliberate (though nearly mindless) heel first. My knees aren't on right and my feet splay outwards. Sprinting, a very deliberate toes only as I try and concentrate on getting half decent form (otherwise my legs go everywhere and I injure myself).

Barefoot I normally land much flatter across the whole foot, but still probably with a slight heel bias. Usually tread softly. I'm scaring people in my house quite often as they didn't hear me come into the room etc. No shoes in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom