After 14 years of use, one hand-me-down and a lot of moving backwards and right...

Soldato
... I've finally ditched the Saitek Eclipse II and upset my girlfriend by buying a mechanical (Ducky x Varmilo MIYA Pro with MX Silvers).

I don't know why I didn't do both sooner.

I'm also surprised to see the Saitek is still for sale (seems to now say unavailable, price was there a moment ago).

3bhmMae.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice compact keyboard however I would miss the numeric keys.

I bought a mechanical keyboard for my work computer and liked using it but not missing it while a thin Logitech K470 at home.

Soldato
OP
K740 looks nice - I did consider a Logitech Pro X, I just want more space so took form over function. Next is a G Pro wireless mouse and full desk mat.

Soldato
OP
How are you finding it after a bit of use?

I'm liking it & build quality feels great. In some games it's a bit of a pain without the F keys being easily usable (without pressing function), but it's not very frequent.

In hindsight I might have waited for a decent TKL to come in stock, but I'm still happy with the purchase.

Soldato
The Eclipse II was great back in the day, I remember painstakingly deciding between that and the MS Sidewinder X6.

The X6 won out in the end and I absolutely loved the board, but I think I'd have been happy with either choice. I stuck with the X6 for ages mind you, didn't replace it until I got a well priced mechanical that suited my needs and I'm very happy with my current board.

Soldato
OP
The Eclipse II was great back in the day, I remember painstakingly deciding between that and the MS Sidewinder X6.

The X6 won out in the end and I absolutely loved the board, but I think I'd have been happy with either choice. I stuck with the X6 for ages mind you, didn't replace it until I got a well priced mechanical that suited my needs and I'm very happy with my current board.

Yeah it was my brothers keyboard and as with most bits on my PC, it was generously passed on to me. I wouldn't have bothered changing it, but I'm switching to a new desk today and wanted to have a minimalist setup. The Saitek is a bit of a beast.

Looks like a really nice new board! How do you find the MX silvers?

To be fair, this is my first mechanical so don't have much to compare it too.
As for noise, they're not too bad - I've not had any complaints from the gf. The feel seems to be just right and don't find them too sensitive (which was my main concern).

Back
Top Bottom