What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
How may GS do you have btw?

Mine will go on a Barton Elite Silicone for sure but in a matching colour variant to go with whatever dial or hand accent I end up choosing. A £17 strap on a circa £5l watch :D

Quality straps though. I'd need to get the Seiko leather strap too so I can swap over the GS deployment clasp just to keep things looking OEM.

This is all thinking ahead though.... A bit of a way off yet before all this :)

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
How may GS do you have btw?

Mine will go on a Barton Elite Silicone for sure but in a matching colour variant to go with whatever dial or hand accent I end up choosing. A £17 strap on a circa £5l watch :D

Quality straps though. I'd need to get the Seiko leather strap too so I can swap over the GS deployment clasp just to keep things looking OEM.

This is all thinking ahead though.... A bit of a way off yet before all this :)

Any issues with customs when you order @mrk? wasn't keen on the CW hybrid strap so ordered it with a bracelet but fancy a decent alternative.

Soldato
Soldato
This is what I bought a few weeks back and have been wearing it since

W5dvite.jpg

CzE5Mlc.jpg

It's decent looking and good size, bracelet is nice, Sapphire crystal, solar powered and bluetooth connection to phone so it never loses any time (the bluetooth feature is quite fun to watch the watch turn the dials without touching it) only negative is the dial is a bit cheap looking at certain angles, it's not terrible but it's "off" like uncanny valley off, still it'll do me until I get some more expensive watches and will work for an everyday watch

Got my Timex too

TIKDz3v.jpg

A7puMUW.jpg

Case is brilliant, makes sense the premium price over the standard T80

xaLtUbP.jpg

Watch itself is beautiful and I'm no fan of 80's digital watches but this looks more 80's than 80's watches

But.... :(

3UjI7Tj.jpg

It's too small, I had to check on Timex website to make sure I hadn't ordered a female version, I'm going to keep it for novelty but I doubt I'll ever wear it wrists are just too wide for such a small watch the Edifice fits perfectly

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Define 3 oddball watches :p I thought mine was pretty oddball given how many times @InvaderGIR has used the vomit emoji in group message :p :p

Guys, I need a kit for changing straps etc, anything off Amazon that isn't terrible?

Do you mean just a springbar tool? I use this for all of my strap changing on my watches and friends watches:

20200723_205635.jpg

I have the kit above @Derek W linked and it's mostly cheap tat really and pretty much everything I now do on watches is done with a higher quality precision screwdriver/tool kit and that one springbar tool :cool:

Any issues with customs when you order @mrk? wasn't keen on the CW hybrid strap so ordered it with a bracelet but fancy a decent alternative.

I've had 2 straps from Barton so far (the latest 3 have not yet been delivered but left NYC on the 21st apparently!) and have had no customs charges. It appears that because the value is £15 or less and Barton ship one by one, they slip by customs :cool:

This is what I bought a few weeks back and have been wearing it since

W5dvite.jpg

CzE5Mlc.jpg

It's decent looking and good size, bracelet is nice, Sapphire crystal, solar powered and bluetooth connection to phone so it never loses any time (the bluetooth feature is quite fun to watch the watch turn the dials without touching it) only negative is the dial is a bit cheap looking at certain angles, it's not terrible but it's "off" like uncanny valley off, still it'll do me until I get some more expensive watches and will work for an everyday watch

Got my Timex too

TIKDz3v.jpg

A7puMUW.jpg

Case is brilliant, makes sense the premium price over the standard T80

xaLtUbP.jpg

Watch itself is beautiful and I'm no fan of 80's digital watches but this looks more 80's than 80's watches

But.... :(

3UjI7Tj.jpg

It's too small, I had to check on Timex website to make sure I hadn't ordered a female version, I'm going to keep it for novelty but I doubt I'll ever wear it wrists are just too wide for such a small watch the Edifice fits perfectly

Fits my wrist nicely but it's always interesting to see how the sizing of a watch differs between different size wrists! I know it's sub 36mm on paper but wears like a bigger watch but that difference in your pic is rather big!

Here's how it looks on mine:

20200723_221557.jpg

Agree though it's the most 80s this sort of watch can look lol. As many have said online, it's a fun watch that matters more to those who grew up in the 80s I guess but as a limited run and 40th anniversary piece, will become a collector watch in the future so for the sake of £69 I'll be keeping it and wearing every so often.

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Do you mean just a springbar tool? I use this for all of my strap changing on my watches and friends watches:

20200723_205635.jpg

I have the kit above @Derek W linked and it's mostly cheap tat really and pretty much everything I now do on watches is done with a higher quality precision screwdriver/tool kit and that one springbar tool :cool:

Yeah, springbar tool mainly. I do have some decent precision screwdrivers.

I was looking at this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071P7B672/

But might just get a decent springbar tool instead.

Soldato
Fits my wrist nicely but it's always interesting to see how the sizing of a watch differs between different size wrists! I know it's sub 36mm on paper but wears like a bigger watch but that difference in your pic is rather big!

Here's how it looks on mine:

20200723_221557.jpg

Agree though it's the most 80s this sort of watch can look lol. As many have said online, it's a fun watch that matters more to those who grew up in the 80s I guess but as a limited run and 40th anniversary piece, will become a collector watch in the future so for the sake of £69 I'll be keeping it and wearing every so often.

Crazy the difference, my Edifice wears my wrist the way the pac-man is wearing yours... I don't even have fat wrists they're just really wide and it pains me because I'd love to wear the pac-man but it's just too damn small for me, still it's a nice starter piece for my collection

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yup Bergeon is the top brand when it comes to watch tools really, not cheap, but you can't go wrong for sure. I don't use the tool enough times now to warrant upgrading though since all my own straps are now quick release aside from one NATO remaining which I can install with nails alone on the springbars.

Soldato
Define 3 oddball watches :p I thought mine was pretty oddball given how many times @InvaderGIR has used the vomit emoji in group message :p :p

I'll not say too much just now but I'm in two minds in whether to order them up now or wait until I get a watch book delivered at the start of next week before pulling the trigger. But on the basis of the watches you've posted so far they'll make yours look normal :p

Back
Top Bottom