RC cars

Soldato
Great photos, the first one you don't really get the scale of the cars. Then the second one makes it quite clear!
The Rustler VXL is an awesome car and it’s probably all you ever need. The E-Revo is a beast; it’s weighs 6kg with both batteries (3x the Rustler) and demands a lot of skill to drive it quickly. It’s real easy to backflip it from holding half throttle to full throttle.

Soldato
The Rustler VXL is an awesome car and it’s probably all you ever need. The E-Revo is a beast; it’s weighs 6kg with both batteries (3x the Rustler) and demands a lot of skill to drive it quickly. It’s real easy to backflip it from holding half throttle to full throttle.

it does look awesome in the pics and dwarves the poor rustler :p

edit : dang just watched the vids, they both really kick ass i loved the high jump rustler one :D

edit : is your revo a similar size to a hyper st?

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
Can anyone suggest a decent 7.2 volt NiMH battery please?

I currently have two. An Enrich Power 3000 mAh that I was given that seems pretty reasonable. I then bought a cheap 5000 mAh battery from Amazon by 'Hootracker' which seems much poorer than the Enrich. It is really noticeable in the Schumacher buggy, it drives noticeably slower and for less time.

Is there a better option than the Enrich that people have used or is that a decent brand to stick with?

I'm not sure whether to take the plunge to LiPO yet as I've no experience with it and don't have a charger.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Soldato
Can anyone suggest a decent 7.2 volt NiMH battery please?

I currently have two. An Enrich Power 3000 mAh that I was given that seems pretty reasonable. I then bought a cheap 5000 mAh battery from Amazon by 'Hootracker' which seems much poorer than the Enrich. It is really noticeable in the Schumacher buggy, it drives noticeably slower and for less time.

Is there a better option than the Enrich that people have used or is that a decent brand to stick with?

I'm not sure whether to take the plunge to LiPO yet as I've no experience with it and don't have a charger.

Any suggestions are welcome.

not really sure bud, but the enrich one you mentioned is 15 quid on model sport https://www.modelsport.co.uk/enrich-power-3000mah-7-2v-sport-stick-pack/rc-car-products/389536

Soldato
Another side-by-side size comparison.
The FTX Vantage is a great brushless car - for about £200 it's ready to run, just need to add the batteries for the transmitter. All of the spares and parts are available and they are very cheap. The only annoying thing about using it is that the body and battery are not quick release. It uses metal clips to hold them in place, which are small and fiddly and feels a backward step after using the Traxxas quick release system.

FTX Brushless Vantage | Traxxas Rustler 4x4 VXL | Traxxas E-Revo 2.0

50154501842_9188c2e604_b.jpg

50154265591_458bac4b27_b.jpg

The E-Revo in-board Suspension looks very tidy and allows for ride height adjustments without affecting the damping rate.

50154544412_ab7d7da1a8_b.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
How things have moved on in the Rc world since I was active, brushless motors, LIPO packs and modern car designs etc.

I'm actuallly restoring my race car from the 90's right now, parts are hard to find... It's a Losi Jrx Pro SE, was wicked back in the day and apperently still competitive against newer machinery (not sure how true that is).

Will post some pics up when it's done.

Back
Top Bottom