Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Soldato
I was about to buy the Gigabyte G32QC but after reading the various comments in here I'm not sure what to go for anymore...

I've currently got a shity 60hz 24" Philips monitor, but i've just bought all new components (Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE, RYZEN 7 3700X & GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER WINDFORCE OC) to build a new PC and want a nice monitor to go with it.

I do really want a 32" after seeing some in the shops, and it will be used for gaming mainly, but don't really do online or a lot of shooting games, it's mainly GTA V, bit of Hitman, and some racing sims.

So out of these ones, which would you guys recommend :

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,718.88 (includes shipping: £0.00)
The sammy does not offer adaptive sync as fare as i know. I know don't know how sensitive you are to dark smearing but those VA panels will certain have it. If you want 32+ inches, 144hz or higher and 1440p the Samsung G7 is the only that seems to be able to offer this as sensible response times. Otherwise you either have to go down to 27 inches or up to 34 inches and choose IPS(or tn if 27"). If you'd be happy with 75hz the AOC Q3279VWFD8 is a stellar screen. Good pixel response, great image, 32 inches and 1440p @75hz. You can find a review of it on pcmonitors.info. I have one along side a 240hz TN and i think its an amazing display for the money and the main reason is the fantastic pixel response for the 75hz. I've seen 100hz display with slower pixel response than it.

Associate
I'm kinda tempted by that curved 34" Iyama G-master now...

I'm coming from a 9 year old Phillips 244E (1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz TFT) screen, so I'm sure that despite being VA that will be a massive upgrade.

Also not really a FPS or online gamer, but looking forwards to trying GTA V on that widescreen...

Soldato
I was about to buy the Gigabyte G32QC but after reading the various comments in here I'm not sure what to go for anymore...

I've currently got a shity 60hz 24" Philips monitor, but i've just bought all new components (Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE, RYZEN 7 3700X & GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER WINDFORCE OC) to build a new PC and want a nice monitor to go with it.

I do really want a 32" after seeing some in the shops, and it will be used for gaming mainly, but don't really do online or a lot of shooting games, it's mainly GTA V, bit of Hitman, and some racing sims.

So out of these ones, which would you guys recommend :

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,718.88 (includes shipping: £0.00)

Dont dismiss the the LG 32GK650F @ £300. Its a good 1440p 32" monitor, theres a good review on youtube.

Soldato
Looks nice, but I've kinda set my mind on a widescreen now...

I really wanted one too, i just got so damn impateint waiting for them all to come into stock so caved in an bought what i could find. Have been watching stock levels across a lot of site and a lot of screens and its painful, so many delayed arrival dates and endless pre-orders. Not a great marketplace for buying monitors at the moment :(

Associate
well my current monitor is a 21.3" 4:3 ratio Viewsonic VP211B, in 1600x1200 with a low 25ms refresh time!, bought in 2006 and still going strong, but very small by modern standards. Fingers crossed that i hear something from overclockers in the next few days...been waiting nearly 6 weeks now and still no update...

Associate
A few places are now stating September 2020 for stock...

That might be their stock though, as opposed to the monitor in general. A couple of credible competitors are showing that it's still due this month / already overdue, which would still be in line with what overclockers told me. The options are wait or spend more money to get a monitor now.

Associate
So have OcUK given you an Eta? Care to share?

Mid to late July when I asked a couple of weeks back so next week would be consistent with that.

I assume there's a shipment of them coming over which will stock a few places so everyone will end up with stock at the same time. I wouldn't be surprised if some outfits were deliberately over-optimistic on the ETA in order to secure more of the pre-orders.

Associate
Really tempted by this monitor. Wondering if it's a better choice than the VA Curved version. Never tried a VA before. Current ultrawide is flat so I presume the lack of a curve shouldn't pose a problem.

BPH

BPH

Associate
Really tempted by this monitor. Wondering if it's a better choice than the VA Curved version. Never tried a VA before. Current ultrawide is flat so I presume the lack of a curve shouldn't pose a problem.

Please check this one out
. I got Lenovo 34'' VA panel which was ok but after this one I decided never consider VA again and returned it.

Associate
Hello. I have just received delivery of the Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1. Not had a chance to unbox or set up as yet. For those that have the Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 did you install any drivers? And if so which ones? I can only see this on the Iiyama page: https://iiyama.com/gl_en/support/#downloads ? Sorry if a silly question, coming from a Dell (over 9 years old) which came with drivers and a colour profile etc. Am using a Radeon RX5700 graphics card. Any general tips to get this screen set up - appreciated. Will post any results in the GB3466WQSU-B1 thread. Thanks.

Associate
I ordered mine on 26/6. I asked customer services when ETA would be, first time I got a 'we don't have an ETA', second time I didn't even get an answer. Starting to get quite annoying waiting so long.

Back
Top Bottom