The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
jpaul, that looks delicious. I've been meaning to try my hand at a treacle tart for ages. Not too keen on having ginger in it, but I'd eat it anyway. Lol yeah, I guess treacle or golden syrup will last years beyond their expiry date.

I've just had an evening cream tea. I'm doing a bit of a Raymond with the photo style.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks, while I've been on furlough I've been following a lot of Indian YouTube cooking guides, particularly those aimed at more of a 'British takeaway' style.
I know someone above posted a link to a book but I'd highly recommend Indian Kitchen by Maunika Gowardhan. I've done a few recipes now and they have all been absolutely superb. I just stocked up on kashmiri chilli powder specifically :)

I cooked this last night; Dandan Mian (Dan Dan noodles). It was amazing, so moreish.
xNZSox2.jpg

Recipe was from @pippyeats who apparently won Britains Best Home cook (the cheesy wannabe Bakeoff spinoff I think, I never watched it). But she knows her stuff, makes noodles from scratch etc. She has a book coming out soon which I'll probably buy based on that success.

EDIT: I used this chilli oil from Amazon

Soldato
Pineapple and caramel cake with ice cream. I jut stuffed myself with some. :)

Pineapple-upside-down-cake-4.jpg

Pineapple-upside-down-cake-5.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Oysters and smoked salmon overlooking Loch Fyne. Good ingredients, fresh as anything, done simply. Bliss! (The view photo isn't mine, but it did look like that albeit with some cloud just above the hills).

rxeiNFMl.png.jpg
YVJjZkvl.png.jpg
0ykpbuP.jpg

Associate
Bean burger and bacon fires. Yum.

cwUbglK.jpg

I like the idea of trying one of their bean burgers but don't think I could actually ever not just order the flesh burger. That said I only get to eat at BB once every couple of years but suppose you live in the mighty 'ford do you @Raymond Lin so could enjoy thier lovely lovely food as often as you wish - and now delivered so I hear!!!

Caporegime
I like the idea of trying one of their bean burgers but don't think I could actually ever not just order the flesh burger. That said I only get to eat at BB once every couple of years but suppose you live in the mighty 'ford do you @Raymond Lin so could enjoy thier lovely lovely food as often as you wish - and now delivered so I hear!!!

I could get it every day but it’ll get expensive. I rarely go there as I tend to make my own, I’ve made them for couple of people at work when I pop home for lunch and all of them have said “this is better than beefy boys!” And “you should open a restaurant”.

So getting the bean burger was a combination of that isn’t something I make at home, I’m trying to eat less meat and I did say to my friend opposite me “I’m trying to eat less”, so it would look like a massive liar if 5mins later I order a massive burger lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom