HP Logo has gotten caught and has lifted!!

Associate
Hi, I’m not entirely sure how this happened, but one day I went to take my laptop out of its case and the silver logo on the back of the laptop got caught on the material and lifted some how.

I’m not sure how to show a photo, but it’s the silver logo on the back of the screen that all laptops come with, it has lifted ever so slightly. It’s extremely hard to push back into place, so definitely needs glueing or something strong to put it into position. It’s quiet painful and dangerous also when I forget it’s there and catch myself on it.

I’m extremely careful with my laptops, so it must have already been loose to be able to catch on something so easily.
97adf83c-0f2c-45db-bb54-bea973419748

I took it back to the place it was bought from to see whether it could be fixed, covered by the warranty, and it isn’t. I was hoping they could change it as all my previous HP laptops have never done anything like this. I’m presuming the glue they used was faulty on this one, yet it doesn’t count as A manufacturing Fault.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced something similar and can suggest a glue strong enough to stick it back down, or suggest a way it can be fixed. Im not majorly techy, so an easy fix would be great.

Thank you in advanced.

Last edited:
Associate
Pop a bit of superglue under it and stick it back down. It will never look like new again because you've bent the metal. Probably always have a little ripple in it, but that's better than it getting worse.

Associate
OP
Pic or it didn't happen.
That's not techy, that's crafty. :D

Purely aesthetics so bend the metal back as best you can and glue it down, using a clamp of some sort and then clean up excess.

That or remove it, CNC a small bit of metal to fit.

Personally, I'd rip it out and forget about it.

Thank you. I wasn’t entirely sure. Just wondered if others had had the same issue.

Pop a bit of superglue under it and stick it back down. It will never look like new again because you've bent the metal. Probably always have a little ripple in it, but that's better than it getting worse.

yeah I’ll have to give it a try!

Oh that logo, it won’t stick down for sure.

Buy a new one off eBay n take your current one off. Looks bent now.

I’ll have a look into it! Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Rip the whole thing out then you get a nice shiny new laptop that has been de-branded!

You can then choose to vinyl wrap all you want :)

Soldato
Pics don't load for me.

If that one or a new one needs popping back in, I would have thought the screen would need removing so that it doesn't get damaged when you apply some force on the back of it.

Soldato
You'll need to remove sticker, sand, prime, wet sand and respray then clearcoat the job when done :p
Lacquer wet &dry 800 grit then lacquer and another round of 800grit w&d then final lacquer with 2500grit wet and dry.

polish it with fine dust till you can see your own face in it!

Back
Top Bottom