Adding some colour to a system...

Associate
I bought my lad a system last year

CA-36V-CMCoolerMaster MasterBox Q300L Micro-ATX Case - Black Window
MSI B450M Mortar (Socket AM4) motherboard

One thing he has always wanted is some RGB/LED light type stuff in the case. What would be the easiest option for this? Easy to fit. Not need to mess around with existing cables much...

Cheers

A

Soldato
Just needs to be a strip with bog standard 4 pin connector
If it's for example a phanteks strip or others with proprietory connector then you have to buy the adaptor too
Magnetic strips are my choice rather than stick on ones

Soldato
Apologies for delay in replying. Been busy with work...

I'm trying to work out if the Bitfenix RGB strips will work?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/bitfenix-alchemy-2.0-magnetic-rgb-led-strip-30cm-cm-358-bx.html

Just plug into the motherboard and allow control from within Windows? Doesn't seem to be that straighforward...

A

Yep I have those bitfenix Strips and I have two led Strips working in the case.
You plug them into the rgb headers and you control them with the mystic light software so when you change the motherboard colour the Strips change colour too.

Associate
OP
And should the Phanteks works with the MSI B450M Mortar?

I'm thinking I can add something to my current build and assuming OC confirm it works (would they do that as part of testing?) I could then order a set for the other PC here...

Soldato
And should the Phanteks works with the MSI B450M Mortar?

I'm thinking I can add something to my current build and assuming OC confirm it works (would they do that as part of testing?) I could then order a set for the other PC here...
The phanteks kit comes with the 4 pin
Adapter for putting it on non phanteks
Products
So yes it fits on standard 4 pin 12v
Motherboard rgb connector

Associate
I'd either recommend some phanteks rgb strips or if he is open to changing the fans then getting some Coolermaster MF120 Halo's £39.95 - 3 pack from overclockers. They work with both 3 pin and 4 pin rgb headers (as long as you get the 3 pack that comes with the included controller)

Back
Top Bottom