Greenlizard0 PL Football Thread Final Day ** spoilers ** [26th July 2020]

Soldato
Would have taken 5th at the start of the season. But we've shot ourselves in the foot big time. 15 points clear, we should have been home and dry months ago.

Also not buying in Jan as well as some individual errors has ultimately cost us.

Congratulations to Vardy for golden boot, not that it means nowt right now

Don
Would have taken 5th at the start of the season. But we've shot ourselves in the foot big time. 15 points clear, we should have been home and dry months ago.

Also not buying in Jan as well as some individual errors has ultimately cost us.
You didn't have the depth in your squad to hold out without luck with injuries and suspensions and unfortunately for you, you didn't get that luck. To be without Maddison, Chillwell, Ricardo and then Soyuncu was massive and the replacements you had were no where near CL level quality - the side you put out today for example, it's a million miles away from Utd and Chelsea's sides.

Soldato
Praying that's the final game of the MA era.

Another season of casually checking the scores will hopefully destroy my love for this club if not.

Don
So Spurs have definitely qualified for the Europa - if Arsenal win the FA Cup final then they go straight into the groups and Spurs have to play a play-off game, if Chelsea win it then Spurs go straight into the groups with Wolves in the play-offs.

Soldato
I think it will take another week for my heart rate to return to normal.

What were we, seven points from safety with four to play? I had totally given up hope. Then I was convinced the whole thing was just set up to rekindle my hope only to extinguish it again in the cruelest way.

Hopefully some more focused summer recruitment this time around!

Caporegime
Forgot about Silva, would've loved to have him at Liverpool when Benitez was after him but he's had an amazing career, seems universally liked and is arguably the best Spanish player to play in this league.

Back
Top Bottom