Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1 Curve (1500R) 34” 1440 144Hz VA panel FreeSync Premium Pro

Associate
I suspect here, that all the UK retailers are probably getting their stock via the same distributor in Germany, who probably processes all orders in Europe.

iilyama likely send a shipping container or two/three to Germany via boat (monitors are likely too big, heavy and costly for airfreight), this container has to be broken up into individual consignments when it lands in Germany, and then shipped to UK and elsewhere, which again might go to a UK distribution point, then off to the individual retailers after getting through customs. Germany to the UK is probably by truck.

Also a good chance this is all being handled by some 3rd party shipping and distribution company, who has other customers/brands etc. And retailers (and possibly even iilyama) don't have any direct access to the tracking details. Hence all the vague dates.

Just getting a container here from Asia can take 4 to 6 weeks, and that's ignoring things like customs, and of course the weather etc can delay the boats.

Associate
OP
We are going to receive some this month hopefully. How many i don't know...

@NikTheSHNIK - thank you for the update. I hope I am in the first batch. I would like to think @markwilliams82 and I were quick of the mark to pre-order from OcUK and somewhere near the top ;)

@Boothy666 - thank you for the updated review link and information. I read that review initially, but not seen the updated review about the firmware. Let's hope both Iiyama products are now fit for purpose and all the delays we are experiencing with our pre-orders will mean we don't get any disappointments once we finally get our hands on them. Fingers are crossed.

Associate
zWYCb6WfDM8R4TQi9
Picture of the flat monitor showing the issues I had with the flat version so I guess the firmware update situation is quite possible.

Edit: fixed picture link. u8xFrbH.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Very silly question.... :o I'm looking at getting either this screen or the AOC Cu34g2X and both are 3440 x 1440 widescreens.

I usually use (holiday/car) photo's I've taken on my phone as background pictures, I just checked their resolution and they are done in 4032 x 1960, will I still be able to use them, or are they in the wrong size/format now ?

Associate
The monitor is showing in stock at a certain place. I've had it on pre-order for a while, but haven't had a shipping confirmation or anything advising it's now in stock, so could be in error. Was always listed for release on the 24th, but wouldn't be surprised if there are further delays due to firmware issues.

Associate
Very silly question.... :o I'm looking at getting either this screen or the AOC Cu34g2X and both are 3440 x 1440 widescreens.

I usually use (holiday/car) photo's I've taken on my phone as background pictures, I just checked their resolution and they are done in 4032 x 1960, will I still be able to use them, or are they in the wrong size/format now ?

It's mostly about the aspect ratio of monitors. This monitor has an aspect ratio of 21:9 or 21 by 9 as people refer to it. The actual ratio is wider (3440/1440= 2.39 where as 21/9=2.33) but I guess 21 by 9 sounds better marketing wise than other wierd fractions!

Anyways based on your camera's resolution the ratio works out 4032/1960=2.06 (provided in landscape orientation) which is slightly taller ratio than the monitor, so with no crop or stretch you will have black bars on the sides.

But this is a non issue as you can either manually crop the photo or Windows 10 does a reasonably good job at setting wallpapers.

Associate
Ive been following this thread for a little while and decided to preorder this from a competitor a few weeks back. I spotted that it had gone to In Stock this morning but after it went to preorder this afternoon I gave them a call.

Apparently the whole shipment has been delayed for a month.

Now the real test is whether I’m patient or end up going for something different and most likely more expensive.

Associate
Ah my comment got removed as I mentioned Competitors, it says 24th for one, another shop has it on the 10th but cant guarantee, I love the vagueness of these shops

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah I'm new here as well so didn't know about mentioning other retailers. Anyways I'm mostly keen to know the type of anti glare coating they use for this monitor.

Associate
OP
To my surprise I got a message to say my monitor would arrive today (instead of Monday) - Whoop - so thank you OcUK @NikTheSHNIK :D (@markwilliams82 any news?). Been a patient wait, but not had a chance to unbox as yet due to family commitments. If anyone else has received delivery be grateful for views on 'how to setup!' and test this screen etc. First new monitor since 2012!
  1. I assume trying things like: https://www.eizo.be/monitor-test/ and http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/ are a good place to start?
  2. I can't see a monitor driver on Iiyama website - so this has me foxed? Do I need to install one? My graphics card is a Radeon RX5700. So keen to experience FreeSync etc.
  3. Also any tips on best places for UW wallpaper? :p

Thank you all.

Associate
Same, DPD messaged to say delivery today instead of Monday so very happy!

Took a whilst to set up as was making a new 'rustic / industrial' desk for home working to mount the screen but have finally done it and got it up and running.
Touch wood everything seems ok, monitor looks amazing and a quick go on Battlefront 2 really shows off the quality of display

Associate
I have been lurking and reading for a few weeks now.... I was also very excited to get this monitor.

But unfortunatly its for a short time. I received it saturday.... and there is enormous flickering when set at 144HZ and Freesync on.
I am not the only one, on Reddit there are more reports. Curious how the reactions are going to be here.

I have tried everything i could....but this is not a keeper... the search goes on.. there is a 34GN850 on its way. But i really dont wanna pay that much for a monitor.

Associate
OP
Hello all. So I set up the monitor this morning. I was very excited to have it, but am really sorry to say I am experiencing a number of issues. I had high hopes for this monitor, as indicated by my earlier posts. The specification, price etc looked very good. However, I am experiencing constant flickering on the screen.

I would say it is worse than the experience posted here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nui76qpJwsE

With Freesync enabled I get constant flickering on the Windows desktop. This is not acceptable and very difficult to use the screen for anything. This is really bad at 144Hz. I have tested a couple of games and the experience is the same. I am using the supplied cables and a Radeon RX5700.

For those that have the monitor, check you have enabled Freesync and are running the monitor at the standard 144Hz. I am very disappointed. Will keep you updated. I have never returned a faulty product, so need to work this out before next steps. Am contacting OcUK now for options. OcUK have been great getting this order out and keeping us all updated. So, am sorry all round @NikTheSHNIK

Will keep you updated. @markwilliams82 Is your monitor okay? @Justdigit - Have exactly the same. So frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom