How much do you spend on takeaway a week?

Soldato
Pizza once or twice a month at £20 a pop.

But I have - well, had thanks to Covid - a decent eatery within easy walking distance, so I was there 2-3 times a week.

Soldato
Take away to eat at home? I've done fish and chips a couple of times during lockdown as I was craving fish and had been years since my last. I prefer to cook.

Take away to eat at work? These are more regular as it is a social thing. Usually KFC as it is literally in sight of the office.

Soldato
Maybe £200 a month

Friday night
Saturday night
Maybe Sunday lunch

Every week

Dont drink
Don't smoke
Takeaway/restaurant is my thing

Was goi g to do 20 restaurants in 20 towns in 2020...

Soldato
Before pandemic we would order pizza once a week on a Friday night when my brother lse comes round so £20 per week for three. Since lockdown we've ordered takeaway twice a week so closee to £50 per week again for three of us but now back to once a week.

Soldato
According to Monzo I spent £322 last month, so just over £80 a week - although that includes eating in restaurants, drinks costs in pubs etc. Last month was particularly heavy spend wise as I also paid for next door's takeaway when I was there as it was the guy's birthday, plus I had a few friends around for some of the football a few nights and we had take away.

Caporegime
Please note, this thread is not about lecturing each other, on the moralities of healthy eating, I just want to focus on how much people spend on takeaway, a week or a month please.
I have a family of four, me the Mrs and 2 kids and we spend about £35 a week. At times we buy kfc, macdonalds, the local chip shop or pizza etc and just wondering, if I spend too much on takeaway so I just want to find out your views. Many thanks.

Takeaway as in

A. we could have cooked at home but decided to eat out.

Or

B. we were out and needed food so decided to eat out?

If A then probably £60 a year. I can cook better food at home.

If B then probably between £10-£30 each time. Would be hard to put a number on it but maybe once or twice a month pre covid. And only once since covid.

We tend to go to people's houses a lot though and they will order takeaway or cook. But in my opinion that doesn't really count.

Man of Honour
Once every couple of weeks or so, only spend about £15-20 for the two of us. Nothing wrong with an occasional takeaway. As with all these things, its all in moderation.

Like us, except more like once a month, I’ll order it online or by phone, then go collect it, that way it’s more likely to be still hot.
Annoying thing is, the enemy has begun to rebel, and lean on me to drive to the restaurant and get it, which bums me out man.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Once a week. Family of four. Each week we will order something different, so it'll be pizza then kebab then chicken etc.
£20 a week.

Soldato
very little ,if walking around fowey (my ex lives at the other side Polruan ) will grab a vegan pasty very occasionally .theres only one shop in a 2 mile radius and definitely no takeaways (well theres snails pace cafe i suppose on Camel trail start ,down the road)

Soldato
I get takeaway (including fish and chips) about 3-4 times a year. so 50p a week i suppose. Had fish and chips once since lockdown in March.

Back
Top Bottom