RC cars

Soldato
Taking a while but with work etc I'm doing alright

yup no point rushing, end result should look awesome and as long as you enjoy the build that is the main thing :D

dads midnight pumpkin should be here the morn, he has already ordered oil shocks and the bearings to come with it, think ill give him a top shock mount from my lunchie kit, i only used one for the 5th shock which he is also doing so he is a mount down and i like the comedy handling with the stock shocks on bumpy terrain :p

Soldato
yup no point rushing, end result should look awesome and as long as you enjoy the build that is the main thing :D

dads midnight pumpkin should be here the morn, he has already ordered oil shocks and the bearings to come with it, think ill give him a top shock mount from my lunchie kit, i only used one for the 5th shock which he is also doing so he is a mount down and i like the comedy handling with the stock shocks on bumpy terrain :p

Did it arrived bud? Get some pics up they are great, had one like it a few years a go.. So much fun to drive

Interesting to see that lorry being built, I've not seen one before. Does it have a trailer or is that something that can be added later?

Trailers are another purchase I'm afraid and not a cheap purchase either :p

Soldato
Just got a set of Proline 'Big Joes' 3.8 for my Savage project. Bloody huge :) Now just waiting for some bits to come from Ali that was a lot cheaper than I could get here or on the bay.

Tempted to get this new Tamiya release - Formula E GEN2 Car: https://www.tamiya.com/english/products/58681/index.htm

That was advertised in this months 'radio control car action', there was also a sweet Tamiya GF-01 build.

Last edited:
Soldato
well grabbed some pics of dads pumpkin the last 2 days, he just ran it in the garden without the shell and he is doing the shell at the moment as i type, gonna be sweet to have that running alongside the lunchie :D

XilRvR2.jpg

CjtcpbQ.jpg

tlzN9hX.jpg

t2Qn5pU.jpg

UhciYN7.jpg

he has done the 5th shock mod and has oil shocks instead of the standard ones, ordered my self a load of bits and bobs last night along with oil shocks to try out.

lowered the pinion gear on my tamiya sand viper earlier as the 17 tooth pinion was over heating like mad in this weather, it has a nice steel 15 tooth now but still getting hot lol

mr sandviper over ten year old :)
HFRzwEE.jpg

Associate
@Yrkoon I'm really liking the cups of tea, pork scratchings and beer nestled among those photos. Looks serious business....

I went and bought another Tamiya kit, I blame this thread and not my impulsiveness.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
@Yrkoon I think it has the same tyres as your Lunchbox...

you are leaving me in suspense bud, im not good at guessing, a lunchie a bullhead a clodbuster a pumpkin???????? so many use the same tyre's i think :p

also aye evil cat we are super cereals when we build tamiya's, gotta have mr porkys for fuel lmao

yeh vanpeebles do you know a help line i can phone? i am getting obsessed with tamiya and each time i get money i want to buy more help me :p

Back
Top Bottom