Recommendations for highest sustained brightness TV (HDR/4K not required)

Associate
Hi all,

Hoping you can help - I'm after a TV for my nan. She currently has a 42" but would like something a touch bigger, so I'm looking for a 49". 4K/HDR/Smart functionality does not matter. My nan's eyesight isn't great and the biggest factor for her to be able to watch comfortably is a bright image.

I'm looking to find something with the brightest sustained brightness for SDR content. I've read Samsung QLED stuff is good for this - but looking for advice/recommendations :)

Budget is about 700, ofc the less the better.

Many thanks.

Associate
OP
Well, I've kind of narrowed it down to a Samsung Q60 at around £699 for the 49" - unless anybody has any better advice

Soldato
The bigger the TV the more light it puts out even at the same nits, so for example a 55" at 300 nits will be brighter than a 43" at 300 nits.

That qled is way overpriced imo.

Sony BRAVIA KD49XG9005BU is £749 and MUCH brighter + has some nice features like XDR which will localise brightness even better, so you'll get a better bright effect.

I would also check and see if there's any 55" Sony XF90s left, those are just as good but should be cheaper also.

For brightness numbers go check reviews at RTINGS.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare/samsung-q60r-vs-sony-x950g/780/764?usage=11114&threshold=0.1

Back
Top Bottom