Spec me a monitor for xbox one x (1440p)

Permabanned
I've decided in order to keep the missus happy, I'll only keep the ps4 Pro on my main TV and get a better monitor so I can use my xbox one x and pc at 1440p.

I can't see how having a 4k monitor at 28-32/34 at a push would benefit over 2k.

I like the look of some ultra wide monitors whether curved or not but Im not sure they'll be supported by my one x.

Budget ideally around £330, can maybe push 400/450 if its perfect.

Also I'll be sitting at my desk to play this so viewing angles aren't a massive issue as it'll be head on.

Soldato
Do you prefer darkened room, or have always normal room lightning?
Untill we get proper FALD backlights for PC monitors VA's way highest contrast of LCDs simply curb stomps IPS in darkened room.

Also for some reason there are no 32" high refresh rate IPS monitors, only lots of 27" ones.
So if wanting 32", VA is the only option

Permabanned
OP
Do you prefer darkened room, or have always normal room lightning?
Untill we get proper FALD backlights for PC monitors VA's way highest contrast of LCDs simply curb stomps IPS in darkened room.

Also for some reason there are no 32" high refresh rate IPS monitors, only lots of 27" ones.
So if wanting 32", VA is the only option

The room will be quite dark as it's my attic and the light will be behind the monitor. I currently have a fairly decent 1080p ips 27inch monitor now, but it's 5ms and means my one x and pc (when I get the 3 series cards) will be wasted.

I looked at a curved monitor as we have a snazzy one in the office. But it looks a little dim/washed. Could be due to how bright the office is because its very high end. Also a VA panel

Permabanned
OP
Made a rookie mistake and ordered a 35" 1440p ultrawide monitor. Turns out its 21:9 and the 1x doesn't support that. I'm an idiot. So that's being sent back now.

STILL need a monitor

Back
Top Bottom