Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don
He can play fullback cant he?

Anythings better then Mendy.
£40m on a makeshift LB would make it even stranger. I think I said earlier in the thread, Ake would make more sense for us than City - our first choice back 4 is boxed off, we just need cover for VVD and Robertson and Ake would provide that. City need actual starters and the one position they don't need a starter is left centre back.

Soldato
£40m on a makeshift LB would make it even stranger. I think I said earlier in the thread, Ake would make more sense for us than City - our first choice back 4 is boxed off, we just need cover for VVD and Robertson and Ake would provide that. City need actual starters and the one position they don't need a starter is left centre back.

£40mil on rubbish fullbacks is Peps specialty to be fair.

Soldato
Sam Lee
@SamLee

Little update on Koulibaly but I’m hoping to get a better one: As far as I know City have always been in the market for two CB’s. Koulibaly and Ake. City are signing Ake but that should be unrelated to any progress or lack of progress with Koulibaly.
Sam Lee
@SamLee

If Koulibaly doesn’t happen for whatever reason, City would look at their alternatives for that profile. The profile is a top-class, experiences defender who can make an immediate impact at City. Ake is a different profile and effectively on a separate shopping list.

If in doubt get the cheque book out.

Associate
I'd take Stones at Leicester - sure he's a bit dodgy at times and maybe he'd be third choice behind Evans and Soyuncu, but he's better than Morgan now and would give us more options if we want to play 3 at the back.

Soldato
I'd take Stones at Leicester - sure he's a bit dodgy at times and maybe he'd be third choice behind Evans and Soyuncu, but he's better than Morgan now and would give us more options if we want to play 3 at the back.

Im sure you would but i cant see him leaving Cities bench for yours. I think he'll go to Newcastle if this takeover actually happens.

Soldato

No way do we want Stones, he's in the Luiz joke category.

Would rather we spend the money on John Egan from the Blades.

Soldato
Celtic signed a goalkeeper (Vasilis Barkas) that isn’t Joe Hart. I read he was close to a deal. The guy can’t catch a break...! :p

or a few balls :D

Luiz is actually a decent player. He is just getting old now. A lot better than stones was in his mid twenties.

He looked amazing in that Brazil team 6 years ago against the Germans.

I guess I've only seen the lol games for luiz

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom