What large monitor options are good ?

Soldato
Hi, I have an Acer Predator IPS 27" which I am more than happy with in all departments except one .. size.
I would like a 36-43 inch screen capable of 1440p or better for gaming (racing sims).
Currently I am using a Samsung NU7120 for this duty, but I am not happy with it.

I can only find a 3 monitors in this size, an LG, Iiyama and an Acer but all have only 60hz refresh, not a deal breaker but would be nice to have better.
If I am limited to 60hz, are their any 4k TV's that will do the job as well as a monitor (but have better colours/contrast and PQ to the existing Samsung )?

I do not want extra wide, just standard 16:9 screens.
Does any one have any experience with the LG,Iiyama or Acer 43" monitors ?

Soldato
For the money it's an OLED as the 43 inch monitors are generally VA panels (some ghosting on some panels). For driving games the motion handling and response time in OLEDs beat everything hands down. You'd just need to be careful of HUD items and burn in playing the same games. Plus it's a smart, full HDR TV too.

I imagine night racing will have HDR come into its own. Maybe even the 55 inch from the LG CX range for racing games depending whether you have a dedicated seat, pedals and steering setup and distance from the screen.

It will do 120hz @ 1440p now, and will do 4k 120hz with a card with HDMI 2.1 (available maybe end of the year) for a future upgrade, but it's a TV with 4k 120hz which'll make it pretty future proof.

Soldato
OP
Physically, 43" is as big as I can go, having an OLED main TV I would love one for the PC, but they are generally not available in 43 or lower sizes !
Food for thought though, thanks guys :)

Back
Top Bottom