Poll: British Grand Prix 2020, Silverstone - Race 4/?

Rate the 2020 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Same with Vettel and his spins, Di Resta has said time and time again it is seems to be more of a balance issue with the Ferrari car.

And yet his teammates don't pirouette like Vettel. Although, actually, I think the biggest issue with the Trudelnmeister is that he saves his best spinning game for when it really matters. How many times now has he thrown away a good position by going end to end?

Soldato
Stowe causing some carnage I see.

Not much relevance in practice today given how hot and windy it is. Hopefully make for an interesting weekend.

That's one thing I didn't get. Ted was saying it's always windy in this region, that is why they built an airfield. Why on earth would you want your airfield in a windy place? It would restrict take offs and landings in cross winds. Gibraltar airport re-directs flights in windy conditions.

Soldato
Those Ferarri look absolutely horrible to drive when they show the onboard camera.

That's one thing I didn't get. Ted was saying it's always windy in this region, that is why they built an airfield. Why on earth would you want your airfield in a windy place? It would restrict take offs and landings in cross winds. Gibraltar airport re-directs flights in windy conditions.

Pretty much every airport in the world is build in a 'windy area'. It's easier to take off when hurtling into a headwind and easier to land too.

It increases lift and requires a lower ground speed.

Soldato

If the wind is in a prevailing direction and you build your runway that way, you can get extra lift for landings/takeoffs. There's an airbase near me that has two runways at angles to each other so they can use which one works better for the prevailing wind direction.

Caporegime
I think people would be talking differently about albon if he hadn't had those 2 incidents with Hamilton

No its not that.
He's always behind max. And sometimes a long way.
I think Bottas is closer to Hamilton than albon is to max.

Sometimes the qualifying gap is particularly large. 1 second is a lot!

Caporegime

I think Latiffi is closer to Russell... It's the biggest gap between F1 teammates, surely? Although that's mostly a selection effect. RB lost Ricciardo at short notice and had no strong talent to step up. How often do established top talent face off against newbies?

Hamilton did it. Who else? Normally drivers get to build their skills before being thrown in the deep end.

Soldato
No its not that.
He's always behind max. And sometimes a long way.

Sometimes the qualifying gap is particularly large. 1 second is a lot!

Perhaps RB should have treated Ricciardo better and tried harder to persuade him to stay. Undoubtably Max is faster over a single lap, but he's also error prone and has big off-days. Ricciardo was winning races in the RB. He beat Max on points in 2017, despite having more mechanical issues (5 -4) and more grid penalties (4 -2). Max beat Ricciardo in 2018 in a season Ricciardo again had more mechanical issues. Mostly where Max has been stronger is qualifying, and dare I say it Helmut Marko's love.

Of the other Redbull drivers, Kyvat is the closest to Ricciardo beating him in 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom