Recommend good quality garage shelving unit

Soldato
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to tidy up the garage and need a few units. Looking on amazon, they are all pretty much the same (cheap quality).

Ideally three units (1.8m tall x 60cm deep x 90cm wide) <- or there abouts

any ideas?

Cheers

Soldato
The Big Dug stuff seems to be rather good quality when I looked. Screwfix, etc others do there own as well, but may not be as good.

The frames are always metal and hard wearing, but the shelf's are often MDF which is prone to moisture/warping.

Soldato
OP
The Big Dug stuff seems to be rather good quality when I looked. Screwfix, etc others do there own as well, but may not be as good.

The frames are always metal and hard wearing, but the shelf's are often MDF which is prone to moisture/warping.

Thanks

Looks pretty good actually and they do lots of other useful things. Think this is going to cost a pretty penny.

Soldato
Build it.

4x2 or 2x2s from local builders merchant. 11mm OSB sheeting.

Job done, will hold a few tonnes and can be precisely built to your space.

0_IMG_20200708_175705.jpg

Soldato
After hearing the Cracking Racking adverts on the radio, I ordered some to replace the rickety old shelves I had in the garage. I'm impressed with the stuff I bought. It was easy to put together and is absolutely rock solid!

Soldato
DIY stores offer heavy duty ones but quite expensive. If you're not in a rush, keep an eye on HUKD as they do come up on sale every now and again. I bought two sets this way for my parents' garage - can't remember exactly who from though.

Soldato
I’ve had a few Big Dug sets of shelving. The tab and slot stuff is mostly assembled with curse words and frustration but once it’s up it’s good. The Machine Mart stuff is good quality and easier to build like for like but more expensive. Not tried other brands.

Back
Top Bottom