Resident evil saga

Soldato
I remember 'renting' Resident Evil on Playstation and probably getting 1/3rd of the way through before I had to return it. I got as far as the Hunters appearing.

I remember renting it from Blockbusters back in the day, me and a mate were playing it while my mum watched.
We didn't manage to to complete it in time, but my mum loved watching us play it so much, she bought the game. :p

Soldato
I don't see how any 3rd person game is better with a mouse, but that's just an opinion.

Literally any third person game where you have to aim a gun is better with a mouse imo.

Stuff like Red Faction 2/3, GTAV, Saints Row 3, etc.

The old tank control Resident Evil games are an exception to this, although in fairness you can't really aim properly anyway. They're much better with a controller and just feel awkward when using keyboard and mouse.

Associate
I've played the 1st original, 4th and 6th on pc with mouse. Tbh it's the fixed angle ones that are the main issue as there isn't really any proper aiming that can be done.

Tank controls in the originals is what made the game so good, the terror of not knowing what's coming round the next corner. I loved it.

Soldato
And when you get in a car?

Never had a problem with keyboard and mouse, although you can have a controller sat in front of you and pick that up when you jump into a car without a problem.

If I was forced to choose between the two, I'd take the aiming speed and accuracy of a mouse and keyboard over slightly clunky driving controls.

Soldato
Oh god I was playing Far Cry 5 earlier and I swap to controller for the driving of anything.
I do for flying in bf. The 'digitalness' of keyboards makes them poor for precision imo. With them being either on or off. Much prefer analog, although in the original re game I think it might have predated dual shock if it was ps1.

Soldato
I do for flying in bf. The 'digitalness' of keyboards makes them poor for precision imo. With them being either on or off. Much prefer analog, although in the original re game I think it might have predated dual shock if it was ps1.

Yes it did predate, the PS1 dual shock edition came out with the directors cut afterwards I think.

Back
Top Bottom