Poll: British Grand Prix 2020, Silverstone - Race 4/?

Rate the 2020 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Wonder how close Merc run to minimum weight limit.

They'll probably have food left due to the safety cars?

Tyre has to weigh a fair amount, tyre destroyed and possibly worn wheel and undertray, must mean car is lighter now than it should be when finishing a race.

Pretty sure there's a damage exception to the weight rules, isn't there?

Soldato
What was pirellis predictions of tyre life? Safety car killed about 45 laps of that race but made those last few laps happen.

I think they’ll be studying all the tyres this week to fix any possible issues for next week. Or tyre pressure adjustments for them or something.

Soldato
If they stick with going softer next week, possibly a few teams may opt for three stopping to be safe? But would they even have enough tyres to do that after using FP and Q tyres?

Caporegime
It happened a few years ago didn't it? wasn't there a Silverstone GP where Pirelli tyres kept failing and they tried to blame curbs or some such nonsense?

Soldato
Ah, you’re one of those people :p. I’ll take that post as you acknowledging you made a mistake but can’t actually admit it :D.

Obviously Bottas isn’t at fault for his tyre delaminating, very unfortunate for him. However my point stands, he is “tragic“ (bit harsh but I meant in tongue in cheek). He’s one of those sportsman who never quite made it to the very top. In another sport someone with his talent is in a lower division. In F1 driving for Mercedes the car carries him and flatters him. He’s a decent reliable driver, nothing else.
I think you’ll find I did. Pipe down. ;)

Soldato
might not be a one stopper next week, unless Pirelli/FIA bottle it.

All the tyre failures were well handled by the drivers and didn't look like causing anyone a bad accident. So there's not reason to do anything.

When they have the softer compounds next week just say you must stop within Pirellis tyre life limit, or must make 2, 3, 4 stops, whatever it takes. They do this in Motogp when they have a series of tyre failures, of course in MotoGP a failure is much more serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom