Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I’m not a big believer in rotation. The odd rest here and there sure, but not on a regular basis. How often does VVD get rotated? Or Sterling? Or Kane? Hardly ever, the same could be said for a lot of top players.

Sterling gets rested a fair amount, he's played the same amount as Rashford this season. How about Mahrez? Are you annoyed he isn't starting every week?

The modern game is about rotation. With 60 odd games a season you can't play the same team every week.

Caporegime
Sterling gets rested a fair amount, he's played the same amount as Rashford this season. How about Mahrez? Are you annoyed he isn't starting every week?

The modern game is about rotation. With 60 odd games a season you can't play the same team every week.

Sterling doesn’t get rested a fair amount. He’s played 33 of 38 PL games this season, 30 of which are starts, that’s not a fair amount of missed games. Those in the game are constantly talking about how he’s Peps go to man, so no, he doesn’t get rested a fair amount at all.

Mahrez is actually a prime example of why rotation doesn’t work. Last season looked a shadow of his former self, played consistently towards the back end of this season and he’s starting to look a player again.

Caporegime
As I said, he's played similar minutes to Martial and Rashford who have both been injured. It's not about not playing every week, it's about not playing 90 mins every week. For example Maguire played every minute this season, 3450 mins Sterling played only 2661. Do you see the difference?

Caporegime
As I said, he's played similar minutes to Martial and Rashford who have both been injured. It's not about not playing every week, it's about not playing 90 mins every week. For example Maguire played every minute this season, 3450 mins Sterling played only 2661. Do you see the difference?

Right, so who is going to be happy coming off the bench every week? Martial or Rashford? I doubt it. Which means Greenwood, therein my concern.

Caporegime
Right, so who is going to be happy coming off the bench every week? Martial or Rashford? I doubt it. Which means Greenwood, therein my concern.

And why is that a concern? He's 18, what 18 year olds are starting at a top club every week? He'll get plenty of gametime and won't get burnt out or overpressured. Greenwood isn't really a winger and will probably end up competing more for striker when he's bulked up a bit and rounded out his game.

Caporegime
And why is that a concern? He's 18, what 18 year olds are starting at a top club every week? He'll get plenty of gametime and won't get burnt out or overpressured. Greenwood isn't really a winger and will probably end up competing more for striker when he's bulked up a bit and rounded out his game.

Why wouldn’t it be a concern? If he’s good enough he should be playing, not coming on for 10-15 minutes here and there. Hasn’t he done enough to suggest he’s good enough?

Think of it from his point of view, done pretty damn well since getting a chance and now his manager is telling him “we don’t want you burning out son”.

I can think of plenty of young players who have looked promising then not get the games they needed to progress. Normally after a transfer but it’s the same point. Young players need to be playing.

Caporegime
Why wouldn’t it be a concern? If he’s good enough he should be playing, not coming on for 10-15 minutes here and there. Hasn’t he done enough to suggest he’s good enough?

Think of it from his point of view, done pretty damn well since getting a chance and now his manager is telling him “we don’t want you burning out son”.

I can think of plenty of young players who have looked promising then not get the games they needed to progress. Normally after a transfer but it’s the same point. Young players need to be playing.

As I said, name me some of these 18 year olds that are playing every week at top clubs. I've already told you he'll get plenty of games. People said the same thing about Rashford and it didn't harm him at all. We have the youngest squad in the league and give more opportunities to academy players than anyone. He'll be fine.

Caporegime
As I said, name me some of these 18 year olds that are playing every week at top clubs. I've already told you he'll get plenty of games. People said the same thing about Rashford and it didn't harm him at all. We have the youngest squad in the league and give more opportunities to academy players than anyone. He'll be fine.

What other 18 year olds have shown the promise Greenwood has? Not sure I understand your point, so because there aren’t any other 18 year olds playing for top clubs it means it’s ok to bench a player who has shown he’s good enough?

All I’ll say is I hope you’re right, and we aren’t discussing “whatever happened to Greenwood” in a couple of years time.

Soldato
What other 18 year olds have shown the promise Greenwood has? Not sure I understand your point, so because there aren’t any other 18 year olds playing for top clubs it means it’s ok to bench a player who has shown he’s good enough?

All I’ll say is I hope you’re right, and we aren’t discussing “whatever happened to Greenwood” in a couple of years time.

Ive said it previously on this thread i believe, that i dont understand the links to him when they have Greenwood. no one else will pay 120mil for Sancho atm so why not wait? Gige Greenwood another shot at it and see how he gets on. If I was Greenwood id be miffed to be honest. Potentially a generational talent with another, not that much older, in front of him?

There isnt that much in terms of age between them either. Its like 18 months.

Remember when we almost won the league in 13/14? Sterling was 18.

Trent was 19 when he became first choice rb for us.

Its not like its a cut price Werner type deal. Just wait imo.

Soldato
Christ we need a clear out of all the deadwood and half of that team that played today!

Other than Ampadu and Gallagher I don't think any of the loan players should be kept either, get rid of the lot and start again.

Soldato
Bbc gossip.

Chelsea are stepping up their efforts to sign Burnley's England keeper Nick Pope, 28, with the future of Spain's Kepa Arrizabalaga, 25, increasingly uncertain

This would be an excellent signing but I imagine he would cost an absolute fortune. 70 mil I imagine.

Don
Woooah whilst Pickford plays in the PL hes the worst.

On the fee...no idea but i cant see Chelsea selling him that low.
Pickford makes a tit of himself but at least he saves the odd shot. Kepa saves absolutely nothing.

And I know they won't sell him for that much because it will ruin their accounts. From an accounting point of view Kepa is worth £50m right now - they will record a loss for every penny below that amount that they sell him for. The problem is I can't see any club being willing to pay any more than that for him.
They’ll get £30M for him from a Spanish side.
Which Spanish side could afford to spend £30m on a keeper and then which would sign Kepa?

The only way he leaves permanently would be part of a swap deal with massively inflated fees so both sides save face.

Associate
This would be an excellent signing but I imagine he would cost an absolute fortune. 70 mil I imagine.
Anyone would be an upgrade. His save percentage is disgraceful. For a £70m keeper you expect some level of competence. De Gea has had a bad season by his previous high standards but his save rate is 70%, just like Ederson and Allison, Kepa's is the lowest in the mid 50s. It's unacceptable and he's as good as gone now, whether that be a loan or part exchange. Someone in Spain will take him back, and we'll likely take a significant hit.

On the plus side, we're in dire need of a clean out and taking into account players on loan the club could comfortably generate enough cash for another top keeper. Hazard and Morata money still to spend too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom