They should have used Taser on all of them...

Caporegime
Of course, I completely agree. But there is a mitigating factor here, one that would be devastating for most people. I'm sure there are a few here who would no doubt act all stiff upper lip when told that the doctors weren't going to do anything further and let their daughter die, but in that emotional state I'm not sure how others would be.

She'd been in that state for 2 years.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
She'd been in that state for 2 years.

Whilst I think that some times the police do need to get heavyhanded I don't think it makes a shred of difference to a parent if their child has been in a vegetative state for two days or two years. I imagine most would be holding on to some hope that their child would get better.

Caporegime
Whilst I think that some times the police do need to get heavyhanded I don't think it makes a shred of difference to a parent if their child has been in a vegetative state for two days or two years. I imagine most would be holding on to some hope that their child would get better.

But its not the police's fault that the parents would not listen or that they had been aggressive towards the staff either.

What would you advice the police to do? How long do you expect them to wait?"

Soldato
The problem is the parents assaulted medical workers and then refused to leave. Wtf are they meant to do, just put up with that?

So the parents hit the staff?

I am going to read the full story on this. There has got to be more to it then this.

Also. Was wasn't the cops wearing protective clothing?

Caporegime
So your saying the nurses called the cops?

I thought you said the hospital wasn't going to help the child anymore. So where is the problem?

The story is confusing as it says the police were originally called by the father after he pushed a member of staff.

The staff were getting a bit fed up with the family as they wouldn't adhere to visiting times and were trying to refuse the hospitals decision on the care for the child.

The child had been in this state for 2 years, and despite minor improvements when the child was given steroids was not going to recover.

The parents wanted to continue for as long as possible.

The staff wanted to restrict the visiting hours of the parents as they had been threatening towards the staff presumably because the parents wouldn't stick to visiting hours and disagreed with the next steps.

Thats my understanding.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
But its not the police's fault that the parents would not listen or that they had been aggressive towards the staff either.

What would you advice the police to do? How long do you expect them to wait?"

I don't know, but clearly, at that point he wasn't being physically aggressive. I think the police could have handled it better - it's not a thug just out for a punch up but a father refusing to accept that his daughter is going to die. Both parents are doctors, and I think the mother says something along the lines of taking her home instead of leaving her at the hospital.

It happened last year and the family are suing the Met - lets see what comes of it.

Caporegime
I don't know, but clearly, at that point he wasn't being physically aggressive. I think the police could have handled it better - it's not a thug just out for a punch up but a father refusing to accept that his daughter is going to die. Both parents are doctors, and I think the mother says something along the lines of taking her home instead of leaving her at the hospital.

It happened last year and the family are suing the Met - lets see what comes of it.

The police asked multiple times for the father and mother to go outside for a chat.

They refused to move.

If the father has a heart condition why wouldn't he just volunteer the information at that point and step outside knowing he could come back during another visiting time?

I'm not surprised they are suing someone. Seems to be the way forward for anyone who fails to be responsible for their own actions (or inaction) to try to blame another party where they think they can make some money from it.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
The police asked multiple times for the father and mother to go outside for a chat.

They refused to move.

If the father has a heart condition why wouldn't he just volunteer the information at that point and step outside knowing he could come back during another visiting time?

I'm not surprised they are suing someone. Seems to be the way forward for anyone who fails to be responsible for their own actions (or inaction) to try to blame another party where they think they can make some money from it.

I would say that they were still processing what they had been told about their daughter.

You seem to be putting everything into a black and white situation when that's not always the case. As I said earlier, this isn't a simple case of a thug resisting the police. It's a father who has been told that by the doctors that they're essentially going to let the daughter die because nothing more can be done. I'm not a doctor so I have no idea, but he does have a medical background and he doesn't agree (though I'd agree that his view would be emotionally biased and as a father he'd want to do everything to save his child). That's not an everyday situation but it is one that requires some compassion.

If the father had been making a scene and assaulting staff and then resisted arrest etc then ok, a tougher course of action by the police would be needed to protect others and the father himself. As far as the story goes that wasn't the case.

https://www.channel4.com/news/polic...agged-from-hospital-bedside-of-dying-daughter

https://christianconcern.com/ccpres...-father-for-refusing-to-leave-dying-daughter/

https://metro.co.uk/2020/08/02/grie...edside-moments-told-wouldnt-survive-13071529/

Back
Top Bottom