*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
PS4 Pro finally died a couple of days ago, it'd been on its last legs for 6 months. Had to buy another one, very annoyed given it only had to last about 4 more months before PS5 came out. :mad:

Caporegime
Sorry if this has been gone over multiple times - download speeds.

I had BT FTTP broadband installed earlier and my PC connected to the router gets 920Mbps download speed. I downloaded a 110GB file in 14 minutes earlier today.

My PS4 Pro connected to the same router with a fairly short Cat6 network cable only gets 50Mbps download

Any ideas?

Soldato

I had BT FTTP broadband installed earlier and my PC connected to the router gets 920Mbps download speed. I downloaded a 110GB file in 14 minutes earlier today.

My PS4 Pro connected to the same router with a fairly short Cat6 network cable only gets 50Mbps download

Any ideas?
That is mighty impressive speeds.

Soldato

Any ideas?
Its well known playstations CDN's are trash.Nothing you can do about it, its not your end.

Caporegime
Rather than put it in rest mode, Unpowered it down and restarted and got a much better result on the 'Test Internet connection' bit in setup

767 Mbps download
97.8 Mbps download

Just going to see if I can get anywhere near that downloading a demo

V F

V F

Soldato
PS4 Pro finally died a couple of days ago, it'd been on its last legs for 6 months. Had to buy another one, very annoyed given it only had to last about 4 more months before PS5 came out. :mad:

What was wrong with it? I thought the Pro was solid as a rock except for those that has the jet engine fans.

Soldato
What was wrong with it? I thought the Pro was solid as a rock except for those that has the jet engine fans.

Jet engine fans, got the point it was overheating every 20 minutes without fail. Opened it up, no dust at all inside, which was a surprise but the thermal paste was knackered. Tried new thermal paste but no real improvement. Eventually overheated and wouldn't come back on.

Soldato
My pro is jet engine like despite barely being used. The lou2 puts it into insta turbo mode. Makes it unplayable.

Fall guys on psn next month looks fun. Will try the thermal paste I guess...

Soldato
I've had my PS4 a week now and I'm loving it, I've mostly played Spiderman and TLOU Remastered. Really enjoying both.

I thought I'd give God of War a go yesterday and oh my god it's amazing. The visuals are awesome and the first boss fights with that big thing and then the stranger were (I hate this word) epic! Loved the seemless switching between action and cut scene and also love how the game started with gameplay almost immediately.

Associate
My pro is jet engine like despite barely being used. The lou2 puts it into insta turbo mode. Makes it unplayable.

Fall guys on psn next month looks fun. Will try the thermal paste I guess...
Is it all games or just certain titles? The only time my PS4 Pro boots into jet engine mode is either when it's obscenely hot in my room or when I play Days Gone, in fact I thought the Days Gone installation was going to break my PS4, played it for 30 mins afterwards, couldn't hear the game over the fans and haven't played it since, otherwise it's been good as gold for every other game i've played.

My 12 year old PS3 is still live and kicking too. Went back to platinum some older games when I was furloughed and had a major issue with the laser, quick replacement from ebay and it's like brand new again. That had the same issue where the fans went into overdrive whilst playing LA Noire, but I stuck a big fan right in front of the console and it seemed to do the trick. :D

Soldato
Is it all games or just certain titles? The only time my PS4 Pro boots into jet engine mode is either when it's obscenely hot in my room or when I play Days Gone, in fact I thought the Days Gone installation was going to break my PS4, played it for 30 mins afterwards, couldn't hear the game over the fans and haven't played it since, otherwise it's been good as gold for every other game i've played.

My 12 year old PS3 is still live and kicking too. Went back to platinum some older games when I was furloughed and had a major issue with the laser, quick replacement from ebay and it's like brand new again. That had the same issue where the fans went into overdrive whilst playing LA Noire, but I stuck a big fan right in front of the console and it seemed to do the trick. :D
I did my PS4 pro at the weekend actually and its whisper quiet now. Followed the below and used decent paste. Most of the dust was on the radiator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFZYk7guDqQ

Soldato
I changed the paste on my PS4 Pro about two days after getting it. Their application was horrific. It's a lot quieter in games now, although will from time to time become louder. The amount of heat it throws out compared to my One X (which is untouched) is mental though.

Back
Top Bottom