Buying Plants Online

Caporegime
Anyone know any good e-retailers? I've got a rule with the garden that it is only to contain native species and local garden centres are relatively limited in choice.

Soldato
gardens4you.co.uk

ordered 2 plants on here recently (was one of the very few places that had Peony's in stock - the rest all said delivery in september)

delivery was via DPD but it was shipped from Germany, took around 3 days from tracking to door.

Caporegime
don't most places sell rooted cuttings and not actual plants so they are probably going to struggle with the sun/heat

Soldato
The wife buys a lot of her plants online - they are not the usual run of mill stuff but she does buy a few of the normal plants - The thing she has found is if it's cheap it's usually rubbish. I think we are waiting for 2 bushes and these were 60 quid.

One day she picked up a magnolia bush from Lidl -looked half dead but it was cheap - she gave it some loving care and it grew well so she put it in front border where it thrived - so much so some ass hole pinched it one night. Just pulled it out of ground.

You really need to find a good local garden center -Not the shed type. or those with kiddies play areas- we have a good one not far from us and she gets some real good bargains - same plant online is twice/three times as much.
The killer is postage - usually £9 or there about

Man of Honour
Don't do it, my parents ended up with dead plants and the company refusing to give a refund.
My dads been mail/internet ordering his bedding/hanging basket plugs for as long as I've been around and never had any major issues. You obviously get the odd bad batch but it's certainly not common enough to be a real issue.

Back
Top Bottom