Analogue Pocket

Soldato
OP
To add to that, looks like the Pocket itself will be going back up for pre-orders on the 14th at 8am PST (16:00 here) so for anyone interested in getting one there is your chance.

Soldato
OP
Well I’ve just checked the tracking and according to the last update to that, it’s still in Tennessee, so I’m doubtful about tomorrow now lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine arrived this morning.

Impressed by the size and build quality. Screen looks amazing and really enhances the old Gameboy games. I have managed to test Pokemon Gold via original cart but I cannot get my Everdrive GB to work with it (GBA ED works ok). I've googled and it seems to have happened to others. I'll look to sort that out over the weekend. I suspect I might need to update the Pocket firmware but I need to dig out an SD Card to do so.

Word of warning to others though, whilst looking at the Everdrive issue, I noticed a small number of threads on Reddit regarding bricked Pockets. It might be worth checking posts out on Reddit before turning on etc.

Edit: Might not be as bad. Two cases within this - One individual suggesting they'd removed a GBA cartridge without closing the app. The other has no explanation on why theirs is bricked (https://www.reddit.com/r/AnaloguePo...anty/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Mines been delivered this morning but I'm still at work. I've ordered an X5 mini everdrive as well just waiting on that being delivered too though, will probably still jailbreak it if firmware is released, have jailbroken all my other analogue consoles.

Soldato
I've managed to play a couple of Game Boy games including the Super Mario Land and Kirby's Dream Land DX rom hacks. These have been brilliant, completely blown away by the screen.

There is a slight work around for GB Everdrives which are not working properly at the moment but only if you have access to original hardware (GB, Color or Super GB). If you select the game on original hardware and pop the cartridge back in to the Pocket, boot and and press start at the menu, it will load the game.

I haven't tried the Dock yet but I have a MiSTer for GB games on the big screen, so I am not in a hurry.

Soldato
Any reason to get a pocket analogue over something like a PSP Go? The Go can perfectly emulate most if not all PSX games (plus many other systems)

Back
Top Bottom