BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Audi TT has had the car play option in the virtual cockpit for years. Not saying it’s the best implementation of it however.
I've got a brand new A6 and most of the Car Play features aren't integrated into the Virtual Cockpit. No Phone or Nav for instance either in the Virtual Cockpit or HUD. Only the top Central Screen.

Soldato
Soldato
I've got a brand new A6 and most of the Car Play features aren't integrated into the Virtual Cockpit. No Phone or Nav for instance either in the Virtual Cockpit or HUD. Only the top Central Screen.

The TT virtual cockpit serves as the main infotainment screen, there is no central screen. It houses the reverse camera, radio, everything and is the only way to interface with the infotainment visually

Associate
I have all the toys on my M340i Touring and have found the autonomous driving very impressive indeed. It is genuinely useful and feels a step forward in safety.

Associate
Gibbo, my dream car was always an E60 M5 so very jealous indeed. My sensible M340i looks tame in comparison!! I did look at an M5 Touring once and wish I had bought it. Well done, good choice.

OcUK Staff
Gibbo, my dream car was always an E60 M5 so very jealous indeed. My sensible M340i looks tame in comparison!! I did look at an M5 Touring once and wish I had bought it. Well done, good choice.

Thank you! :)
Cannot wait to drive it now, but left it with garage as car has a steering wheel wobble around 50mph sometimes and always when gently braking.

A few common items can cause it pad deposits and front radius arms and as some big heavy braking did not fully clean it up am letting them change the arms out along with drop links all round to hopefully sort that issue and tighten the car up a little.

Soldato
Thank you! :)
Cannot wait to drive it now, but left it with garage as car has a steering wheel wobble around 50mph sometimes and always when gently braking.

A few common items can cause it pad deposits and front radius arms and as some big heavy braking did not fully clean it up am letting them change the arms out along with drop links all round to hopefully sort that issue and tighten the car up a little.
Lovely note off that, loud enough to enjoy but not obnoxious.
My e39 also gets the steering wobble under breaking at 45mph, the thrust arm bushes were replaced but still the same issue. Interested to know what cures yours.

OcUK Staff
Lovely note off that, loud enough to enjoy but not obnoxious.
My e39 also gets the steering wobble under breaking at 45mph, the thrust arm bushes were replaced but still the same issue. Interested to know what cures yours.

Change thrust/radius arms soon on mine, will let you know.

Associate
I'm puzzled by some active safety technology. Isn't it just duplicating driving safely yourself?

Hopefully it is. But without any distractions/tiredness or inattention. Distraction management is a huge safety area for me at work. The autonomous gadgets can be very useful indeed and I can see how they can save lives if used correctly. The problem is you do get false warnings and they are not infallible like all tech but they are getting better every generation.

Back
Top Bottom