They should have used Taser on all of them...

Soldato
Why quote away? Read them yourself you lazy sod.
I have done.

When someone makes a claim (like you have) it's them that has the responsibility to evidence it - so it's actually you being lazy, and you're projecting.

As I say, I think we can all see why you're steadfastly not posting your evidence.

Man of Honour
I don't know the full story about why they were being asked to leave. In my experience hospital staff tend to do everything possible to let the family be with a dying relative at the end. The family did not appear to be causing a scene at the start of the video although we don't see what happened before. So there may be more than we are seeing on the video. Either way my deepest sympathies go out to the girl and her family.

But I know for a fact that if it were my daughter I would have refused to leave. They would have to drag me out of there too. I'm sorry but a parent needs to be there at the end wherever possible. We also don't know whether the girl could hear what was going on. If she could then it would have been very distressing for her in her final minutes when all she would want was comfort from her parents.

There is so little compassion and empathy in this country now. It's very sad.

Capodecina
Soldato
I don't know the full story about why they were being asked to leave. In my experience hospital staff tend to do everything possible to let the family be with a dying relative at the end. The family did not appear to be causing a scene at the start of the video although we don't see what happened before. So there may be more than we are seeing on the video. Either way my deepest sympathies go out to the girl and her family.

But I know for a fact that if it were my daughter I would have refused to leave. They would have to drag me out of there too. I'm sorry but a parent needs to be there at the end wherever possible. We also don't know whether the girl could hear what was going on. If she could then it would have been very distressing for her in her final minutes when all she would want was comfort from her parents.

There is so little compassion and empathy in this country now. It's very sad.
I entirely agree with this; as you say, nobody outside the situation knows the full story but it does seem that for some reason the Police were being heavy-handed.

As you say, There is so little compassion and empathy in this country now. Added to this, much of the meeja is desperate for shock-horror stories and will mis-report anything to serve their agenda.

Caporegime
I have done.

When someone makes a claim (like you have) it's them that has the responsibility to evidence it - so it's actually you being lazy, and you're projecting.

As I say, I think we can all see why you're steadfastly not posting your evidence.

Projecting? Lol. I haven't made a claim at all and the evidence is already there. Since you've read them then you will know that they say the father assaulted someone.

Caporegime
No they don't.

I think you may need to repeat primary school then

"Mr Abbasi, a respiratory expert who works at a different hospital, stormed out of the meeting but hospital staff then called police, claiming he pushed a senior doctor "

From the daily mail.

"The hospital said Rashid pushed a senior doctor who attempted to prevent him returning to his daughter’s bedside. Half an hour later, four police officers and two security guards..."

from the Metro

I mean I know some words are long and scary but come on...

Soldato

"Mr Abbasi, a respiratory expert who works at a different hospital, stormed out of the meeting but hospital staff then called police, claiming he pushed a senior doctor "

From the daily mail.

"The hospital said Rashid pushed a senior doctor who attempted to prevent him returning to his daughter’s bedside. Half an hour later, four police officers and two security guards..."

from the Metro

"Y assaulted Z"

... is not the same as...

"X said Y assaulted Z"

Can you see that?

Also, are you stating that you believe any and every push constitutes assault?

Caporegime
"Y assaulted Z"

"X said Y assaulted Z"

Can you see that?

So you're saying hospital staff are making up assaults? That's a serious allegation. Do you have any sources for that?

An unwarranted push constitutes assault, yes.

Man of Honour
"Y assaulted Z"

"X said Y assaulted Z"

Can you see that?

That is the most feeble attempt to not admit you were wrong i have ever seen.

A Hospital said X pushed a senior doctor. So a spokesperson for the hospital relayed the information as oppose to the actual doctor involved, common practice.

Did you expect the doctor involved to stop working for the rest of the day and make themselves available to answer any questions direct from the media ?

Caporegime

A Hospital said X pushed a senior doctor. So a spokesperson for the hospital relayed the information as oppose to the actual doctor involved, common practice.

Did you expect the doctor involved to stop working for the rest of the day and make themselves available to answer any questions direct from the media ?

It's pathetic isn't it?

Soldato
Everyone sucks here to be honest. The nurse is right that the daughter doesn't need this sort of thing happening at the worst time of her life.

The father, whilst my heart goes out to him, and especially because he's in the medical profession also, is the main problem(obviously) - simple as that. Sure, it's probably the hardest day of his, as well as other family members, any sympathy goes out the window when he doesn't do what is asked; and they asked for over FIVE minutes before getting physical.

There is obviously a history of some sort with regards to the family and the hospital, the police have been called out multiple times to deal with it. Nurses, especially in a pediatric intensive care unit, do not want to deal with people like this given the situation for her(the daughter) AND other patients that are in the unit also - what about them??

Both of the parents didn't want the nurses to pull the tube, which is fair enough given the situation, but the decision has been made after 2 years - so the daughter has had enough time to show, if any, improvement and she didn't. It's sad, and some people/nurses/police/professionals get hardened to sadness of it all, they have to to some extent else they wouldn't be able to do the job for long. They didn't want the father there as he was likely to kick off when they did finally come to remove the tube. That is obvious given his emotional(understandable) and belligerent(less so) state.

The police were called, rightly or wrongly, and they had to do their job. Again, the situation stinks but if the family(mainly the father) wasn't so aggressive then things wouldn't have escalated as far as they did. All very sad.. :(

Caporegime
Everyone sucks here to be honest. The nurse is right that the daughter doesn't need this sort of thing happening at the worst time of her life.

The father, whilst my heart goes out to him, and especially because he's in the medical profession also, is the main problem(obviously) - simple as that. Sure, it's probably the hardest day of his, as well as other family members, any sympathy goes out the window when he doesn't do what is asked; and they asked for over FIVE minutes before getting physical.

There is obviously a history of some sort with regards to the family and the hospital, the police have been called out multiple times to deal with it. Nurses, especially in a pediatric intensive care unit, do not want to deal with people like this given the situation for her(the daughter) AND other patients that are in the unit also - what about them??

Both of the parents didn't want the nurses to pull the tube, which is fair enough given the situation, but the decision has been made after 2 years - so the daughter has had enough time to show, if any, improvement and she didn't. It's sad, and some people/nurses/police/professionals get hardened to sadness of it all, they have to to some extent else they wouldn't be able to do the job for long. They didn't want the father there as he was likely to kick off when they did finally come to remove the tube. That is obvious given his emotional(understandable) and belligerent(less so) state.

The police were called, rightly or wrongly, and they had to do their job. Again, the situation stinks but if the family(mainly the father) wasn't so aggressive then things wouldn't have escalated as far as they did. All very sad.. :(

No no lets not use common sense.

Also they weren't about to pull the plug or remove care there and then. They had just informed parents of intent to do so, and they would have to apply to do this.

Now the girl died days later before the hospital got permission to remove the care after they slowly started reducing the amount if steroids she was on that had kept her in a life/death lock for the previous 2 years.

Soldato
So you're saying hospital staff are making up assaults? That's a serious allegation. Do you have any sources for that?

An unwarranted push constitutes assault, yes.
So you're saying we must accept a doctor's claims as fact now.

Do you still not see where this is going? The next time your prejudices force you to adopt another silly position the fallacies you've had to weave previously are going to make you look stupid again.

Same as above. Weak thinking.

Soldato

Do you still not see where this is going? The next time your prejudices force you to adopt another silly position the fallacies you've had to weave previously are going to make you look stupid again.

Lol.

Raz

Raz

Soldato

From the daily mail.

from the Metro

No one would say assault is an ok thing, but it does say he pushed a doctor who was preventing the father from going to his daughter's bedside. Sure, it's not something he should have done but I highly doubt he was thinking straight given the situation.

It's not like people make mistakes or err when they're emotional, particularly when someone they love is going to die...(!)

All for taking it further if the doctor/hospital wanted to take action against him if the assault was true, but that doesn't mean the situation couldn't have been handled better.

Caporegime
I won't bother with the altercation, as that's what usually get's focused on.

This is obviously a moral dilemma and there's no easy answer. If there's no prospect for recovery, then reducing suffering is the only option available to everyone involved. Should parents have the right to make life worse for their children?

Soldato
If a nurse/doctor decided to lie for some reason about the father pushing another Dr I am sure they would be outed very quickly due to other witness statements, CCTV and anything else

What the actual ****? There is basing opinions on the current information available and there is making stuff up as you go along (is that you Donald?).

Even basic common sense dictates a Dr/nurse is unlikely to make a false accusation about violence towards them from the father of a dying child simply to make their decision (based on all available information, asked to leave many times peacefully) justified.

Get away from the internet mate. You need to live life a bit and take off the tin foil hat.

Caporegime
That's ******* awful viewing. Its a difficult situation but the police talked for like 2 mins before going hell for leather to get the father out. Gotta be a bit more patient than that with the parents.

More patient? Its clear he had no intention of moving.

Its not like he said, 'just give me a minute here'

He refused over and over again from the video we can see he wasnt going to leave the bedside unless dragged out which was what it took to remove him.

Soldato
More patient? Its clear he had no intention of moving.

Its not like he said, 'just give me a minute here'

He refused over and over again from the video we can see he wasnt going to leave the bedside unless dragged out which was what it took to remove him.

Over and over again? The police were talking to the parents for less than 2 minutes before sticking the father in a chokehold. You don't know whether he had any intention of moving.
It was the 1st time the police had been called, i imagine when the parents saw the police, they knew deep down that the issue would have to be resolved there and then, but 2 mins is not enough time to do that

Back
Top Bottom