• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Does it actually matter? How many Playstation fans are genuinely going to go and get an Xbox if the price is higher? The attraction for newcomers is going to be games, console prices just don't have enough disparity to make it a difficult choice. Sony win the moment they drop the God of War 2 bomb.

Caporegime
Have a nice look at the DualSense.

Ut60Tsf.gif

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/accessories/dualsense-wireless-controller/

Last edited:
Associate
I would never buy an xbox been a PlayStation fan boy since PlayStation 1 price is always high anyway
Exactly, people buy what they've always bought into, price isn't going to change it. It's the newcomers they're after and from my perspective it's those exclusives that make the difference. Without trying to sound too pro-Sony, why go Xbox when you have the likes of Last of Us, Uncharted, God of War, Horizon, Spider-Man etc. Even slightly older games like Bloodborne will probably be part of the backwards compatibility catalogue. Microsoft consistently release great hardware but they lack the game library to ever make it a consideration over Sony, it's why people still buy Nintendo.

Soldato
Does it actually matter? How many Playstation fans are genuinely going to go and get an Xbox if the price is higher? The attraction for newcomers is going to be games, console prices just don't have enough disparity to make it a difficult choice. Sony win the moment they drop the God of War 2 bomb.

Doesn't seem like there's a huge amount of incentive to jump. If there's something on Xbox that you want to play, you'll likely find it on PC or xCloud anyway. Or you can pick up a cheap second hand Xbox One. Or the (rumoured) Series S. For someone who uses a PlayStation as their primary gaming system, Series X is going to be an extravagant purchase.

I'm not convinced price will be a hugely important factor either. Sony already have the market share. And Microsoft seem to be going in a different direction, with little incentive to take a huge loss on hardware sales.

Soldato
I'll be buying the PS5 for the exclusives, but currently, I'm expecting to get everything else on XSX (Whilst I hope it is true, I really don't buy the narrative around "you won't see the difference in power")........and whilst the PC is my prefered gaming platform, it's becoming more and more redundant for gaming with each new GFX card generation (and the price hike that goes with it).
Do you have a X1X out of interest?
The attraction for newcomers is going to be games, console prices just don't have enough disparity to make it a difficult choice. Sony win the moment they drop the God of War 2 bomb.
You contradict yourself there, newcomers have no idea what God Of War is nevermind it's sequel?

Associate
Not much for the white colour though

Exactly, people buy what they've always bought into, price isn't going to change it. It's the newcomers they're after and from my perspective it's those exclusives that make the difference. Without trying to sound too pro-Sony, why go Xbox when you have the likes of Last of Us, Uncharted, God of War, Horizon, Spider-Man etc. Even slightly older games like Bloodborne will probably be part of the backwards compatibility catalogue. Microsoft consistently release great hardware but they lack the game library to ever make it a consideration over Sony, it's why people still buy Nintendo.
I wouldnt go xbox I said lol

Soldato
God of War wasn’t even particularly well received, it was in the bargain bin shortly after launch.

It did alright. About 10 million units sold in the first year. For context, it took Horizon ZD two years to hit 10 mil, but Spider Man only a few months.

Considering the number of PS4 consoles in the wild though, you'd think these halowed games would sell better than they do.

Soldato
It did alright. About 10 million units sold in the first year. For context, it took Horizon ZD two years to hit 10 mil, but Spider Man only a few months.

Considering the number of PS4 consoles in the wild though, you'd think these halowed games would sell better than they do.
Yeah. I wonder how much of that is down to lost sales due to the second-hand market.

Back
Top Bottom