Need New Monitor

Soldato
So I believe my monitor has finally had its last day. I have a Samsung 27" 1440p IPS monitor that I've had since I built my PC, so it's been a good couple of years as I built this with a GTX 980.

I've had issues before with the screen turning off, dropping power and not coming back on straight away, but always eventually came back. It did the exact thing just now, heard some kind of a click and off it went. So plug out and in again didn't work, so decided to try another power lead I had, soon as I popped the connection in the back, the monitor sparked (I've checked the plug on another device and it's still working). Original plug was tried again and still failing to show any power, leaving me to assume its now finally had its last day. :(

So now I need something else, size wise I don't know what's good for the resolution but this time I'm going to drop down to 1080p as I can't afford an upgrade and games start to struggle now at 1440p on a GTX 980.

I'm looking at spending to the upper limit of £200.

What do you lot think?

Soldato
OP
Would you rather have high refresh rate or 1440p

1440p is useless for me on a GTX 980. Some games like Hitman 2 and No Man's Sky, I have to either play 1080p windowed, which I don't find ideal, or 1080p full screen and lose colour. So I don't see point going 1440p again when I won't be able to run the new games at the monitors intended resolution.

I do tend to play games like Trials Rising, FPSs, so higher refresh would be more beneficial?

Oh, it also will be used with consoles at times too, PS4 (not Pro), X360, PS3

Soldato
OP
Question before I buy this monitor. Because its Freesync and not Gsync, what does that mean? Will it have any impact on the fact I have an Nvidea GPU?

EDIT: Nevermind, I decided to buy it. Reviews online seems good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom