Energy Suppliers

Soldato
Is there a referral for tonik currently? I’m able to move in a few weeks and that’s the cheapest ‘green’ plan for me currently.

Don’t send me anything via trust just yet, no doubt the prices will change in the mean time. Just looking at options vs Quidco etc.

Soldato
There is a referral for Tonik (£25). I started the switch process today, but got some errors after putting in Direct Debit details so hoping it has gone through!

Caporegime
Which providers can you change to and retain smart meter functionality?

Current smart meter doo-dah looks like this

in-home-display-on-grey-background.png

Associate
Hello Pike , I have the same IHD Smart meter from SSE ( Fitted about 8 months ago ) . Moved over to Octopus and the smart meter is sending readings , but on the display only the Electricity meter is showing current usage. The gas side is saying waiting for data.

Not really a big thing but Octopus have tried to get it working and ended up making it worse but currently only leccy usage showing. I can see daily usage for the gas and electricity on their website its only the gas usage i cannot see current usage on the screen.

Even though its a SMET2 meter i still think its work in progress between all the companies.

Associate
We are with Utility Point who have been fine so far.

I just have to go read the meters once a month and put them on to the website. Quite like the fact you pay 6 months at a higher rate, then the last 6 months at a lower rate.

I've heard of some people having issues getting your money back from them, but only time will tell!

Soldato
Need to switch myself soon, I use approx 6000 kwh of gas a year, 5000 kwh of electric so my bill is mostly from electric.

I have some options that I have found. Thoughts anyone?

Currently on:

ScottishPower - Super Saver August 2020 B3

// Gas //
Unit rate
3.151p per kWh
Standing charge
20.55p per day (£75.00 per year)

// Electric //
Unit rate
13.734p per kWh
Standing charge
20.55p per day (£75.00 per year)

MSE Cheap Energy Club is pushing this Pure Planet tarriff which is a bit more expensive on standing charges and rates with the exception of the gas price. I use more electric though. This also comes with £25 cashback and a £20 credit with Pure Planet after 3 months, and I think it has a £30 dual fuel discount for a year somehow worked in after.

Pure Planet - 100% Green 12m Fixed Jul20 v1

// Gas //
Unit rate
2.566p per kWh
Standing charge
21.929p per day (£80.00 per year)

// Electric //
Unit rate
14.085p per kWh
Standing charge
21.929p per day (£80.00 per year)

I also found this one from Avro which looks competitive, but not sure if it will come with any cashback so gotta price that in, but the unit prices are all a bit cheaper than my current tarriff.

Avro - Simple and SuperGlow

// Gas //
Unit rate
2.405p per kWh
Standing charge
15.75p per day (£57.49 per year)

// Electric //
Unit rate
13.650p per kWh
Standing charge
15.75p per day (£57.49 per year)

Soldato
Igloo any good? their prices are similar to Avro. What is the referral scheme they run worth?

They are 5* rated on MSE and coming up the cheapest for me on all the comparison sites (after discounting Out Fox). I'm in a different region to you though so prices will vary. It's a variable tariff so you can just switch away if a better fix comes along.

Incidentally, I'm on the same tariff as you currently but my bill is more even between gas and electric (15300/3600)

Soldato
May I ask why you took Out Fox the Market from your possibles? Seems the cheapest, 'green' and well rated.

They were the cheapest (in reality there was very little in it) but their CS is horrible. I have not had a switch go wrong yet but I'd rather not tempt fate. Igloo is also 'green'.

Back
Top Bottom