Horizon Zero Dawn

Soldato
OP
RPS is an awful site & they're tech illiterate.

Pathetic showing on GG's part tho. This port is a MESS! They're making even the ACs look good on performance - insane! And DX12 on top, even less of an excuse for what they're showing.

Man of Honour

Pathetic showing on GG's part tho. This port is a MESS! They're making even the ACs look good on performance - insane! And DX12 on top, even less of an excuse for what they're showing.

I can supply 3 other sites who have benchmarked it much higher than that original link if you'd like, just to show it isnt only RPS. Granted one of the sites is polish and another is russian but data is data. I cant yet say the port is a MESS though, as I havent yet played it. Seen some videos of people playing it today though and it looked fine to me, objectively speaking.

Caporegime

Maybe wait for the day one patch before throwing your toys out of the pram?

Man of Honour
Soldato
OP
apparently 4K is a bit broken and a patch is incoming.

The patch (>35GB) already arrived, it's still ****. They have a lot of work to do on this one and it clearly won't happen by release day.

Doesnt seem like too bad an article, to quote him "Interestingly, as long as you have a sufficient number of cores, even a lowly 2 GHz clock speed is sufficient to run the game at an average of 75 FPS, with the lowest drops still remaining above 40." , that seems ok, I'm happy with 75fps as an average.

Yes, but what's missing in there compared to PCGH & Computerbase? :)

Man of Honour
Yes, but what's missing in there compared to PCGH & Computerbase? :)

Thats the question of course.

I see in the ACG video above that he talks of a beautiful gameworld and fun gameplay and that he was able to get "solid FPS even in 4k". Thats good enough for me. As long as the fps feels ok then its secondary to me compared to the gameworld and the gameplay. Unfortunately I am working away from home this weekend so I wont get the chance to play until early next week but as long as I find the game fun and I can hit a reasonable framerate, thats fine. I'm not out to get 120fps, if I can get the 75fps average at 1440, I'm a happy bunny :)

Caporegime
Vroom

SPEED_HZD.jpg

Soldato
Gits. Can't get fibre where I am, think the local fibre company suggested 9 months. Thing is, we're on the end of a road, and the little bit we're on is technically a private road, so I don't know if they'll come down to us.

Soldato
OP
Gits. Can't get fibre where I am, think the local fibre company suggested 9 months. Thing is, we're on the end of a road, and the little bit we're on is technically a private road, so I don't know if they'll come down to us.

Reminds me of my time in Southampton. Where I was staying I was lucky to get 2 Mbps with Sky, but just across the street you could have Virgin at >200 Mbps. So close and yet so far. :D

Back
Top Bottom