What racing/driving games?

Soldato
So I've got a Logitech G920, and wow it makes racing games so much more immersive!

I've got so far:

Forza Horizon 4
Forza 7
F1 2018
BeamNG Drive
Crew/Crew 2

Any better driving/racing to be had than the ones I've already got?

Soldato
Yeah, pretty much everything :p

Assetto Corsa
Assetto Corsa Competitzione
rFactor 2
Project cars 2
iRacing if you're serious and don't mind throwing money at it
Automobilista 1/2

I'm not a fan, but PCARS 2 is probably your best next stop considering what you've been playing.

Soldato
Yeah, iracing is one for those that are dedicated to online racing. Don't worry about that one :)

The rest all have optional DLC packs and most have some form of ultimate edition including all the DLC.
I'm an Assetto man, but I reckon PCARS 2 is probably your best bet as a good looking all rounder to get you more into the sim world.

Soldato
I mainly play iracing but it's definitely not for everyone. If your big into your online sim racing, then it's the best all round package but you pay for it mind.
If your just going to jump on for some racing IMO Assetto Corsa (The first one) is the best option. Decent selection of basic content, decent driving model, AI is good enough and there's a tonne of mods for it.

Soldato
Just be clear, I'm only recommending PC2 because it doesn't require any messing about with mods and external launchers, has plenty of content and has a decent career mode for someone that's stepping up from the titles he listed.
The driving itself is most mostly decent and sometimes excellent to be fair, even if I never play the game :D.

If it's all about virtually endless content/mods etc, then yeah, AC ultimate edition with content manager + SOL/Shaders all day long, but I didn't think it was a good idea to throw all that at him.

Either way, all good choices.

ED: @willhub If you are interested in the Assetto route, then we'll help you get it all set up. It's not that big a hassle these days.

Last edited:
Soldato
What's the difference between Assetto Corsa and Competitzione?
AC features pretty much every kind of car you can think of and damn near any track, if you include the vast array of mod content available.
ACC is a dedicated Blancpain GT3 and now GT4 sim. It's built on a different game engine and does not allow for mods.

What do you want from your next racing game?

Soldato
OP
Just want a fun racing game with lots of content nice graphics and realistic handling.

Seems to be debates between PC2 and AC.

AC Ultimate can be had for 9 quid, and PC2 deluxe for 15.

I also want to ensure my G920 wheel is properly calibrated so not sure if there are settings for each game that are recommended, seems a nightmare getting Forza 4 to handle ok with a wheel.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, I'm biased towards a nicely modded AC, but I still kind of think that PC2 might suit you better as an out of the box experience. It also has an arguably better career mode if that's the kind of thing you want to do.

Of course, AC has it's options and you can always set up your own custom races against the AI if the career mode doesn't cut it.

They're both cheap enough to take a chance :)

Soldato
AC looks great with a couple of mods (SOL and shaders patch) and your choice of post process filter.
PC2 probably has the edge in terms of outright graphical nicery + better and easier to tweak weather options.

AC offers the better drive/ffb IMO.

AC basically needs a bit of a fiddle to get the best out of it.

Soldato
OP
I'm going to go with my gut, and give Project Cars 2 Deluxe a go, for 15 quid it's got allot of content. However need to ensure I can get my wheel setup correctly. If I want to get AC it's that cheap I might do at a later date

Back
Top Bottom